• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chaos Obliterators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey!

Not long ago I was working on an Aeon/Footie Wars - style Warhammer 40k game, and I stumbled into a pretty kool recipe for a unit that takes awhile to make but really compliments everything - The Obliterator.

For those who don't know, Obliterators in the Warhammer world are a pain. They can change what weapons they use in any given turn, and it's absolutely devastating that they're so flexible.

Using the Hidden Model Orc Marine under the Neutral Hostile colour schemen (the black one always looks best), just have a standard Obliterator. Then, add on 3-4 upgrades (I had Autocannon, Rocket Launcher, Heavy Flamer and something else, I forget now, heh) that are free. Once the Obliterator upgrades to one of them (We'll say 4 different weapon combos), have the other three as listing upgrades, each taking a time to upgrade that makes it useless to shift in mid-round. That way it can loop back over itself and provide a flexible, one-time-payable unit.

Heavy Flamer - low range, medium damage, high splash
Autocannon - high range, medium damage, anti-air
Rocket Launcher - High range, high damage, poor cooldown

etc. etc.

Also, I thought about perhaps having, on your behalf, "god-units", if so to speak, something with massive pathing. Every race has something that can fit into it. That's vague for now because it stretches the game. Gimme a shout!

Chaotica

Level 3
I don't think there are many - You may be thinking that I'm referring to weapon upgrades that individuals can take, on the board, for additional points.

Obliterators are Johnny-on-the-spot weaponswitchers because their DNA was fried. There is no other unit in the game with this power.

Status
Not open for further replies.