• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Chaos Ability - Worker can't build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Hey, trying to make some changes to my current project, mostly just things to improve it's look and feel. One change that was suggested was to base an ability that the workers in the map have that allows them to bring up a different build menu off of the Chaos ability.

Something like this...

Tech Structures (New) = Dummy Ability
Laborer (tech) = Chaos Ability

• Event - Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tech Structures (New)
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Laborer (Tech) to (Triggering unit)
      • Else - Actions
So pretty much when the unit activates the dummy ability, they are supposed to gain the custom chaos ability that changes them to the chosen "build menu". The problem is, after you activate the dummy ability, the unit gains the status effect that the ability was based on. Additionally, when trying to build a structure after using the ability, the worker will go to the area where you placed the initial building, but when he gets there, nothing happens.

Any help would be great, the way i did it before was replacing the unit via triggers, then adding the unit to the players selection. However, this method, though it worked, canceled the current order the unit was given after using the dummy ability.

Level 28
You can use Wind Walk as a base ability, that shouldn't cause any problems (also doesn't mess with any given orders).

Hmh, I don't really understand how you can fail to build. Usually this indicates that the builder doesn't have the "repair"-ability, but then the building would still be placed, yet not actually constructed.
The builder can only get the build-orders after he transformed, right? Then again, it should still work as long as the new builder can create that building as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.