• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Channel - the "Follow through time field" and animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone,

been fiddling a bit with making custom spells and noticed that if I based a spell on Channel my units wouldn't do their spell-casting animations properly. A bit of investigation and testing revealed that setting the field "Follow through time" to 0 for Channel seems to cut animations short. Setting it a bit higher seems to allow them to properly resolve if not cancelled. (Ideal duration I suspect is animation duration - cast point as set in de unit properties? Not sure though.)

Now my question I suppose is does this match up with other people's experiences using the spell? Or with it have other consequences as well to set the field as I did?

Level 7
Short Tutorial: The "Channel" Ability - and why it is great

That guide only talks about channeled spell behaviour though, I'm specifically talking about non-channeled spells. E.g. if you have an unmodified Archmage and just give it it's Summon Water Elemental order without giving a second order it will fully finish it's cast animation, that's the issue I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.