• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Channel Ability half broken after forced reforge patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello people!

I have been working on a project for a long time now (over a year), but ran into a problem the other day.

Setup: Your Hero chooses an ability from a list.
For this I use a placeholder (channel ability), the actual ability and the engineering upgrade ability that allows the actual ability to be swapped with the placeholder (carried by the hero). This worked just fine.

But after the latest patch, the chosen ability's text and icon is no longer transferred (ability still works and effects still show). Instead, it just shows the placeholders icon and text (channel ability). When I cast this spell, it's as if both abilities are now triggered at the same time. Both the channel animations and the chosen ability effects are visible.

This should result in showing the proper ability icon and text. Instead
it shows the Channel ability (placeholder) icon:

channel ability.JPG

One would pick "Brutal Slam" and takes the position of the "Placeholder":

engineering upgrade.JPG

My question is: Do more people have this problem? Do you have a suggestion on what to do next? Should I wait for a fix? This kind of ruins the immersion of the map and am a bit bummed out over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.