• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Changing the Weather or Environment in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can anyone pls show me how to change the weather in my map possible that you would have to use triggers and can someone pls send the triggers of changing weather effects?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
  • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
Search For Text is your friend!

Attachments

• Search Example.png
    Search Example.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 222
Level 9
Yeah sorry guys but it doesn't seem to work i have did all what you guys said but why doesn't it work?:cry::cry::sad:
I have checked through melee maps just like Windywaste which has like a dust cloud environment or weather but it has no trigger same goes for the HurricaneIsle melee map which has a rain weather but in the trigger editor it has no trigger for it only the melee initialization trigger.

Last edited:
Here are both ways explained, creating via pre-placed region, and by triggers. What you see in maybe some melee maps, are "weather via pre-placed region" and what @Uncle has mentioned here.
One often can google for something like "warcraft/hiveworkshop 3 trigger <your problem" or somilar, and find good solutions like this, as it's most likely something else asked such question already in past.

Level 9
Here are both ways explained, creating via pre-placed region, and by triggers. What you see in maybe some melee maps, are "weather via pre-placed region" and what @Uncle has mentioned here.
One often can google for something like "warcraft/hiveworkshop 3 trigger <your problem" or somilar, and find good solutions like this, as it's most likely something else asked such question already in past.
Thank you so much it worked now! I didn't know that regions pallete would have weather effects in them many thanks to all of you!:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.