• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing the Victory Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

I was just wondering if there was any way to change the victory screen in a custom map. I tried poking around the editor for a while as well as Googling this, but I didn't find any topics relating to it. I want to change my map from having the WC3:TFT Human victory screen (with a Blood Elf) to the RoC Human victory screen (I think it has a Paladin on it if I remember correctly?).

Thanks for any info!

Level 2
Yeah sure, I found like 10 related topics.

Link

Thanks. I googled "how to change victory screen wc3 editor" and the only thing that came up were threads related to changing the victory conditions.

Oh, and most of your Google results don't actually relate to the score screen, but to the loading screen.

Last edited:
Level 60
Hello!

I was just wondering if there was any way to change the victory screen in a custom map. I tried poking around the editor for a while as well as Googling this, but I didn't find any topics relating to it. I want to change my map from having the WC3:TFT Human victory screen (with a Blood Elf) to the RoC Human victory screen (I think it has a Paladin on it if I remember correctly?).

Thanks for any info!

As far as I know, you're going to have to export the Human Victory .blp file, import it to your map, and then change the path. It's kinda costly in terms of file size, though.

Level 2
As far as I know, you're going to have to export the Human Victory .blp file, import it to your map, and then change the path. It's kinda costly in terms of file size, though.

I actually already tried this and it didn't work. The Blood Elf image is gone but the image of the Paladin doesn't show up. It's just blank.

Specifically, I used the WC3 Image Extractor to open the WC3.mpq file, I extracted the image of the Paladin (it was in .tga format for some reason), I converted it to .blp using the same program, I imported it to my campaign, and I set it to this custom path:

UI\Glues\ScoreScreen\ScoreScreen-HumanVictoryExpansion\scorescreen-humanvictoryexpansion.blp

The score screen is now blank, with no background image. Just the rest of the score screen (with the scroll-looking texture) remains.

I also just tried to go into WC3 Image Extractor, change the file type to .blp (instead of .tga) as I was saving it, and the same thing happens.

Level 60
I actually already tried this and it didn't work. The Blood Elf image is gone but the image of the Paladin doesn't show up. It's just blank.

Specifically, I used the WC3 Image Extractor to open the WC3.mpq file, I extracted the image of the Paladin (it was in .tga format for some reason), I converted it to .blp using the same program, I imported it to my campaign, and I set it to this custom path:

UI\Glues\ScoreScreen\ScoreScreen-HumanVictoryExpansion\scorescreen-humanvictoryexpansion.blp

The score screen is now blank, with no background image. Just the rest of the score screen (with the scroll-looking texture) remains.

I also just tried to go into WC3 Image Extractor, change the file type to .blp (instead of .tga) as I was saving it, and the same thing happens.

Download this. Try converting the file you have extracted and save it as "blp 1" file. If I remember correctly, Image Extractor can be a little screwy sometimes.

I'm at work at the moment. I'll post the file myself when I get home unless you already fixed it by that time.

EDIT: Try using the attached texture. I used it myself and it worked.

Attachments

• scorescreen-humanvictory.blp
    567.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 2
Download this. Try converting the file you have extracted and save it as "blp 1" file. If I remember correctly, Image Extractor can be a little screwy sometimes.

I'm at work at the moment. I'll post the file myself when I get home unless you already fixed it by that time.

EDIT: Try using the attached texture. I used it myself and it worked.

That worked! Thanks so much for the help.

Level 2
Actually, you can use the War 3 Model Editor for both extracting files from the MPQs, go to the mpq browser, open a mpq, go to the texture browser, extract as a .png, edit the file, open it in the model editor, save as a .blp, import in campaign, done.

So I actually tried what Ujimasa suggested I do, which worked for him (and me) in getting the human file to work. This time, I'm working on the Orc file for an Orc campaign.

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as I was before. Saving the file as a "blp 1" file in BLPLab just results in a blank screen again. One difference that I did notice is that the size of the human file that worked was over 500 KB, but the size of the file that just leaves the background blank is ~150 KB.

I also just tried to do what you suggested, and I am able to open the WC3 Orc .blp file in the War 3 model editor, use the texture manager, and export it as a .png file, but then when I open said file in the War 3 Model Editor, I can't save it as a .blp. It says it's an "uknown extension".

EDIT: Success! I just used BLPLab and I found out the problem. The default setting for BLPLab is to compress the file you save, so I picked the other option (image ended up going to 680 KB when saved) and it works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.