• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Changing terrain with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to change terrain with gui triggers? i mean clifs, mountains not the doddads. And it would be super if someone could link me to somecind o tutorial or just make a simple map with triggers :) btw gui please i do not like vJass xP

Level 3
-SoulBurn it didint happened. Well i think it happened to you because you are placing the tile on simple clifs. World editor leaks when you change the tileset and then change the tile again with the triggers. Hell it leaks when you only change the tileset. I dont know if anyone noticed it but i did.Its like taking the dirt cliff and fuse it with the grass clif. Shit will start happening ;) sry if you would be Lithuanian i could explain it to you in a better way. ;D my english is very broken as i like to say... :p

Maker i still try to use the environment -create crater trigger but nothing happenes il try to experiment with it a lil more

I'm sorry but your not going to get what you want.

Terrain deformations don't actually alter the Z of the location, just it's appearance, thus units don't walk on it like they walk on actual cliffs, they work straight through or straight over them.

The only way I can see this happening would be to save the desired Z of every single point on the map then setting a units flying height according to it.

Level 3
Maker i just cant make that trigger work o_O i tryed everything nothing happened :D first time i see this trigger i never used environment triggers :D

EDIT: ALLRIGHT IT WORKED! :D and the units are not ignoring it :) cool cool il make miracles with thee holle making stuff and the tilset changing lol ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.