• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing Terrain In-Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know theres a way to add terrain in-game, with maps like maze builder. I just don't know how they do it. And can it be removed afterwards? Can you add/remove cliffs?

The idea is to have like, 10 different templates. And it will change every round.

Let me know.

Level 3
I'm not familiar with the map, but I suppose they use the action 'Environment - Change Terrain Type'. I couldn't imagine cliffs are dynamic, though I've never looked into it.

If you were really interested in adding/removing cliffs, it should be possible to fake it with a custom, cliff-like model.

Level 6
I remember years ago when I played WC3 - stuff like this wasn't at all possible with the editor.

So the only conclusion I can make is it's JASS or NewGen related.

Level 10
The Environment GUI actions allow you to change terrain type, but not cliff levels. Furthermore, you might consider using triggers to create walls out of destructibles.
It's a little complicated, but it should be possible to make a trigger that can convert a point on the map into a tile of a specific size, and vice versa, so you can allocate destructibles accurately to create walls.
The whole trigger(s) for making a good, randomized maze is probably very complex. I would recommend checking out unprotected maps that do these sorts of things. For all I know, it's possible to create a random maze, and there are several sollutions.

You could do it with destructibles, for example, or you could do it with flat terrain type only and then make a trigger that kills/does other stuff to units that walk on any other terrain type than grass......... The only thing I don't see possible in GUI is cliffs.

Level 11
Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
That allows you to change the terrian type. But to do this requires alot of point locations and probly regions unless you wanna just make random terrain. Im pretty sure you cant remove cliffs, but you can turn the pathing for a location on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.