• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Texturing] Changing skin colors of three models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys. Would anyone be able to help me out with making three skins for a map I'm maping? I'd like to make new skins for the Fel Orc Raider, Fel Orc Warlock, and the Fel Guard/Overseer that are completely identical except their skin color is brown instead of red. I'd be very grateful. If the icons are no trouble too, that'd be very useful.

If there's a way to easily do this, I'd also love to learn.

Here ya go, let me know if these are all alright for you :)

Attachments

• BTNBrownFelguard.blp
    6 KB · Views: 6
  • BTNBrownWarlock.blp
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • BTNBrownWolfrider.blp
    6.9 KB · Views: 5
  • ChaosWarlock.blp
    70.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ChaosWolfrider.blp
    83.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FelGuard.blp
    80 KB · Views: 5
  • DISBTNBrownWolfrider.blp
    3.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DISBTNBrownWarlock.blp
    3.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DISBTNBrownFelguard.blp
    3.1 KB · Views: 2
Level 3
Here ya go, let me know if these are all alright for you :)
These are perfect. Do you mind if I ask you a follow-up question? I'm experimenting with Retera's Model Studio for the first time, and I'd like to make versions of the corresponding models with these textures. You wouldn't happen to know how to do that, would you? I don't mind doing it myself, but when I try to load in these textures, they don't seem to read (but they are valid .blp files, because I can open them in other programs), so if you had any pointers there, I'd be super grateful.

Level 3
You need to change the Texture path, which if you go to the top bar and file edit textures, you can then specify a different texture path that that model will use and you can then import that model and set the skin to the new path.
Oh, just one more question haha. So I think I am successfully saving these models as .mdx files. I have a raider.mdx and a raider_portrait.mdx which both load with your skins automatically in Retera. However in the wc3 world editor, they are appearing with completely white, untextured skins. Do you know if there's something special I need to do to import their skins too into the world editor?

Level 3
No idea tbh, just make sure the texture path is correct and in the import manager is set to whatever you set the texture path to :)
I think the issue is a file path issue. Do you know what I'm supposed to change it to? This is what happens when I just import the warlock .mdx with the .blp you made:

Attachments

• filepathissue.PNG
    filepathissue.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Well, what do you change the .mdx's texture filepath to? So it originally will be something like "Units\demon\ChaosWarlock\ChaosWarlock.blp" when you open it in RMS, you can then change it to something like "brownwarlock.blp" and then when you import it you set the texture's filepath from "War3mapimported\____.blp" to "brownwarlock.blp".

Status
Not open for further replies.