• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing resources icon/description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Greetings! I want to change gold/lumber to my own things so I wish to replace their icons and description.

1) I've found a gold icon and imported another 32x32 tga->blp image in the /UI/Feedback/Resources but in the game the icon disappears at all.
What am I doing wrong? I've saved the existing blp as tga via WC3Image Extractor2, edited it in photoshop, converted with WC3IE2 to blp with 75% compression and imported it... The in-game picture is pitch black. [P.S. I even tried to directly export the image via IE2 and to import it on the map, the image disappears!]

2) I don't know how to rename the "gold" and it's tip (about goldmines) to something I want?

Last edited:

Ham

Ham

Level 5
you can rename gold editing the game interface

Avanced >> Game Interface >>

Level 35
Go to Advanced --> Game Interface.

To find what you want, first go to icon - gold. Change all 3 values you find to the icon you want. Next, go to icon - lumber and do the same. Then, go to image - tooltip. You will find lumber icon and gold icon next to each other (gold on top of lumber). Change them. The latter is often forgotten, so I'll tell you what it does:

When you put your mouse over a unit you wish to purchase, it displays your gold cost and your lumber cost, showing a little icon so you know which is which. Change the image area to change this. As this is often forgotten, the end result is usually having different resource icons on top than you have when it shows you the cost for your units. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.