• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing harvest animation and collect item-quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Yo every friendly soul out there, who knows how to deal with triggers! :)

I'm in the very early process of making a campaign about a peon who becomes a warrior - it's a long story, which has little to do with my current problems.

Problem 1: Dig gold-quest (Solved)
However, this peon character needs to dig some gold, if he is to succeed his first quest. How do I make it so the quest objective (Something like "X1 of X2 gold collected") will be updated every time he returns some varying amounts of gold, and when he reaches the X2-amount of gold, how can I make him complete the quest?

Problem 2: Changing harvest-animation
Another slight problem I have, is that the gold that have to be dug up is actually lumber. I have made a custom tree and used a gold ore as it's model, which works perfectly fine... except that, the peon's automatic animation reveals a bundle of lumber on his shoulder, instead of the sack of gold I'd love to see. Can this be changed with a trigger, so that when he "cuts trees" he will use "mine gold" animation instead?
Oh, and if you guys want to be extra awesome, you could tell how I change the default color of the "+X" text that appears every time a worker returns some resources, since this gold appears as the average green color, that resembles lumber harvesting, and it would be an awesome bonus to have it yellow.

Problem 3: Simple Transmission won't work (Solved)
I also encountered a third problem, that seemingly would be very easily solved, but it doesn't make sense at all to me. After the short intro-cinematic, which includes several transmissions working without problems, I made the peon character say another short, but rather important line, with a simple "Send transmission to blablabla.."-trigger, but to my dismay, no text appears and only the portrait plays a short talking animation. Why won't it work, and how can I make it work?

Problem 3: (De)Activation spell tooltip f*cks up
I have encountered this problem several times, and every time it's a custom activate/deactivate spell that causes the trouble. It always happens in-game, that the tooltip of the spell constantly changes into new combinations of weird random letters, but never the original tooltip appears. Anything you can do about it?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Level 37
Use an integer variable. Every time you get gold, set variable = variable + 1. Then display quest update message if the variable's value is less than x. In the update message, use concatenate strings function, and convert the integer to string. If the value is equal to x, complete the quest.

Advanced - Game interface contain the colour things I believe.

Level 19
Wow, that was a quick reply! Can I please get you to use the Hive-trigger-system, so that I can see how I should put up such a trigger. I tried, but got lost already when I had to choose the trigger's event, as there is no such thing as "Unit returns lumber" or alike :l

About the color-thing, I looked through the entire list, except what wasn't about in-game text, and I couldn't find it. And even if I could, there's no options for changing the color in there :l

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 020
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Less than 30
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than i2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set i2 = (Player 1 (Red) Current gold)
              • Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the Quest Update message: (((String(i2)) + ( / + 30)) + Gold Collected)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the Quest Completed message: All Gold collected!
For the color thing, download the file found here, and edit the color: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/gold-lumber-10-text-color-133398/

For #3, try turning cinematic mode on.

Level 19
Problem 1 is fixed, thanks man :)

Problem 2 is sadly still there. Anyone know how to change the animations? And I downloaded the text and changed the colors of the lumber text to match the gold text. Then I put it in a Warcraft III subfolder called UI, as I was told to do, but the text still appears green :l

Problem 3 is fixed as well - I implemented it in the intro cinematic, but I still don't get why it didn't work without being in cinematic mode o_O

However, +rep goes to you for fixing at least 2 of my problems, thanks again :)

Level 19
Sadly it doesn't work.. well, yes it does, but it gives him a permanent sack of gold, and even though I tried combining it with logical matching events, he won't get the sack of gold when he cuts trees to only last while carrying some lumber :l

Added a new problem to the list :b
(I'll make sure to spread, so I can +rep you again, don't worry)

Status
Not open for further replies.