• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Computer/User Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to make Player 1 be the computer and Player 2 be the user.

I know how to make the appropriate changes in the "Scenario Properties > Players" panel, changing the red player 1 to "computer" and the blue player 2 to "user".

The problem is that when I test the game, the user always gets the red player 1 and the computer gets the blue player 2... even when I specified the opposite.

Is there some other feature I need to select or de-select to get the game to "respect my authoritay"?

Thanks.

Level 2
Actually, I figured it out by loading a scenario map and looking at how they set it up. To change your player number (and therefore, colour) we need to go to the Scenario Properties > Forces and check first the Use Custom Forces box and then the Fixed Player Settings box. This forces the program to apply the setting we made in the Players tab. In case anyone else wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.