• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Changing Birth Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.

I am making a custom built race in my editor and I want all the buildings to have the same birth animation. I downloaded a birth animation from your model sections but I have no clue of how to replace a units birth animation.

How would that kind of trigger be made? (Please post a complete trigger with conditions and actions).

Level 6
When the unit is created, move it somewhere else
Create a dummy unit, force the dummy units "birth" animation
remove the dummy unit when the animation is done
move your unit back.

Level 2
That looks fairly complicated and I have no idea of how to make that kind of a complex trigger. Is there no way to just replace the birth animation with a new one? Something like: Replace birth animation of (unit group) with (ChaosBirthAnimation)

Level 12
to change a birth animation... you would have to change either a building's birth anuimation using mofdel editing OR make a dummy unit at the point of constructed building using the same size

Level 2
Could you explain how you would do this by using a dummy unit, for me and other newbies out there? And then I mean EXACTLY how you would do it.

Level 6
If thats fairy complicated to you I suggest you read up on some tutorials, you'd learn better that way.
The steps I listed are all doable in the world editor and are pretty much as basic as it gets.

really, because it should.

You probably did not use the right triggers.

did you use
  • Animation - Change (Constructing structure)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
or
  • Unit - Create 1 (birth Dummy) for (Owner of (Constructing structure)) at (Position of (Constructing structure)) facing Default building facing degrees
not accounting leaks, which you'd need some easy variables.

fairly simple trigger.

Level 2
Just check out the thread you posted before. I posted multiple comments and talked with Pyritie (Think that's how you spell it). My trigger is with the last posts in that thread.

Level 2
You mean make a dummy unit, like the trigger you already posted?

• Unit - Create 1 (birth Dummy) for (Owner of (Constructing structure)) at (Position of (Constructing structure)) facing Default building facing degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.