• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Changing an already built building's construction progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, as you all can see, I'm new here so please bear with me for my mistakes.

I'm busy making a tower defense sort of map which consists of the player being able to spawn units to attack the enemy.

The problem I'm facing is the intro to the game.

Once the game starts, each player would have a Barracks to the north of their island which is pre-placed during map editing, what I want to do is use triggers to change the Barracks in the beginning to a building state at which the construction progress is 1%, 30 seconds later 50% and then after a total 55 seconds 100% (Completed).

I've struggled for 3 hours now and really nee help.

Quick Summary:
1. Change pre-placed Barracks Construction progress to Started Construction(or 1%)
2. Change Construction progress to 50%
3. Change Construction progress to completed

If you have any suggestions as to a smoother idea, I would gladly accept and credit you.

Level 37
You know this action, right?
  • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) construction progress to 50%
I'm not sure if you can set a building that has been built back to "being built". I suggest you order a dummy unit to construct the building. You could remove the pre-placed building right before that.

Level 2
You know this action, right?
  • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) construction progress to 50%

I am familiar with this and I'm using this right now, but the problem is the building needs to be in the building phase for this to work. :goblin_boom:

I'm thinking of adding a region where the barracks should be, rather than removing the first one. So let's say add a dummy builder on a corner of the region, most probably of Wisp building type, then make the Barracks consume the wisp builder as soon as it builds. Then causing a smooth construction ? Any second thoughts on that ? The total building time would be 55 seconds, giving 5 seconds for units to generate in the building before the game starts.:eekani:

EDIT: The main idea I was thinking of was to "Start building at point on map", but the only command for that requires a unit to actually build it.

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks for the help, it's not exactly what I wanted, but it'll do.

I made a dummy unit based off of the Peasant worker for humans, and named him Acolyte. I then used:
  • Unit - Order Acolyte 0039 <gen> to build a Barracks - Level 1 at (Center of Region 116 <gen>)
This made the worker start building the barracks right where I wanted it.

Another trigger starting after 55.5 seconds from game start tells you the Barracks is finished and then removes the worker unit from the game with
  • Unit - Remove Acolyte 0039 <gen> from the game
And now it worked ! Thanks for the idea of the Dummy, sure did jog my memory about ways to do it. Haha.

Level 2
Thanks for the link to the Leakage pointers, I'll be sure to keep that in mind as soon as I make more progress on the map. But for now, thanks for all the help and this is now, SOLVED !

Status
Not open for further replies.