• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Change the propre name of heros [In Game]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
So, the question is very simple, I made six heros (Deathknight/Assassin....), I removed the propre name of each heros which shows by now ''Default Sting'' so, I wanna give the opportunity to the player the possiblity to choice whatever name he want using a multiboard
But I don't know how!?
I want that when a player pick a hero to give him a way to change the name of that picked hero.
Thank you by advance!

Level 28
So you mean there is no chance I can modifier the name in game but I can only give choices for player using alternative names!? That's maybe true, I've try everything I can with triggers, btw
Thanks for your mention!

Level 12
Well if you have a list of proper names to pick from but you can't select which proper name the hero will have then you could create the hero, check his name and if it's wrong remove him and create a new one. Repeat until you get the proper name you want.

This way you could at least "select" a specific name from the list of names.

Level 28
Hi!

I'm sorry if I bumped this thread. But I had an idea!!!

Since it's impossible to change the propre name of heros using commun trigger! What about using the Profil Name of your own Warcraft 3 and use it as the propre name of a picked hero!
Do you think that's gonna work?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is not possible to change the heroes proper name. The best you can do is select a specific hero name from the pool of hero names defined in the object editor and even then it might be suffixed with roman numerals due to how the search works.

I would recommend either giving your heroes generic names ("Bringer of Light" Level 10 "Paladin") or hard coding specific lore appropriate names ("Sonya" Level 70 "Barbarian").

This feature should be possible inside StarCraft II, where even Buff Behaviours can change unit names.

Level 7
Here is the most stupid idea in the world.
Download the dictionary.
Put every word of the dictionary put into the heros name
Find every possible name and put into heros name
Put every combination of words and names
Trigger it to recreate the hero until a matching name shows up
Wait for computer to explode and burn up

Status
Not open for further replies.