• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Change size of playable map area possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi folks!
As title says - I need a solution to change the size of the playable map area for my current project.
So far I've almost done my regular (small) map, triggers and stuff, what I'm lacking now is a ways to not only change the camera bounds, but also the playable map area after some event, allowing the players not only using the initial 64x64 boundaries, but the full 128x128 of the map.
Unforttunately, the Region action can only move regions, not vary their size, which leaves me pretty stuck on this one.

Any working solution results in my thanks,rep (and credits once the map is advanced anough for the 1.0 release).

Thank you for your time and effort.

EDIT: SOLVED

Last edited:
You want to increase regions in-game? You can't. The only way to do this is create a big map and use the action:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Picked player) to Region
When you want to "increase" the region, pick a bigger region (these regions are preset regions, that you will create in the World Editor), and once again, apply the actions above. This way, you will do the trick of limiting the units' activity in the defined region only.

Level 5
Thank you for the quick answer (again), Pharaoh_
Unfortunately, setting only the camera bounds still allows units to move to locations where they are at that point not supposed to do :S
Since this is as far as I came myself, I slowly fear there isn't a better solution I can hope for..
Guess I'll have to make a bunch of dummy units blocking movement then and another trigger removing them at once when event occurs.. hoped for a better solution

You can do this:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves Region
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Points[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Points[2] = (Center of (Region))
    • Set Points[3] = (Points[1] offset by 10.00 towards (Angle between Points[1] to Points[2]))
    • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Points[3]
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Points[1])
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Points[2])
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Points[3])
Edit: Oh, I was way slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.