• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make playable map area smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I would like to know, if there is a way to make (via triggers) the playable map are bigger or smaller. I know I can resrtict the camera to some region, but making temporary just one part of the whole map playable would be better.

If you made your map like a circle you could easily do what death suggested if you wanted to move a unit backwards otherwise I suggest giving a go with regions and find some method you like. With newgen editor I am almost sure you could use a terrain tile to block pathing for units. Lot's of ways, just have to think.

If you need an example map, let me know MB.

Last edited:
Level 29
If you made your map like a circle you could easily do what death suggested otherwise I suggest giving a go with regions and find some method you like. With newgen editor I am almost sure you could use a terrain tile to block pathing for units. Lot's of ways, just have to think.

If you need an example map, let me know MB.

I didn't suggest a circle. I said pathing blockers / regions.

Also you don't need newgen to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.