• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change mouse cursor or workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, it's been a long time since i was mapping. However i recently got back and enjoyed some of the new GUI functions and changes from the recent patch.

For my current project i would love to be able to temporarily change the mouse Cursor while being ingame. I've never seen this done before and it seems like it's not possible.

What i need: as long as the mana of a unit is too low, the cursor will be replaced with a "disabled" version with another skin.

I played around forcing the player to press UI buttons (like A for attack to get the Attack crosshair cursor), but this cancels my unit's menu which is essential.

Any ideas how to accomplish this? Any ability which doesn't hide my units' menu when i press a button?

Status
Not open for further replies.