• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Change Building Into Another Type While Keeping Variable Attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Basically I need to replace one building with another type of building. Each of the ~200 or so buildings are assigned unit variables by their unit id and a lot of data is attached to it on map init. I've tried using bear form, but even after casting bear form the building still has the old unit set from the original building. The goal is to replace one building with another type that trains completely different units, while keeping the relevant variable which is attached to the original unit.

It sounds relatively simple, just haven't worked with this sort of stuff in the editor for a while and can't think of a solution atm. No idea why adding the bear form ability + casting it isn't working properly.

Is there a away I can use upgrades but not make it show on specific modes? Only in certain chosen game modes should this event happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.