• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chain Link Fence / Sand Bags Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi everyone, I am making a Command & Conquer multiplayer map and I am in dire need of a good looking Chain Link Fence and/or Sand Bags!

I have seen the sandbags model but as I am going to use them as constructable buildings and not doodads i need them to have a 180 degree and a 270 degree variation (as you can not rotate buildings... or I don't know how).

The files need to be under 100kb all together please! (map almost over 4kb cant afford more or won't be able to host it ;p)

Level 11
E11592.jpg
would be a nice model for the Chain Link Fence, but if the barbed wire could stick out on both sides (like a Y) would be even better! =D.

539849495_1bc06a7a83.jpg
would be great for a Sand Bag wall.

By the way i am using the Stone Wall base for the pathing map.
And please make 2 versions 1 at 180 degrees and 1 and 270, and i'll love you forever =).

retainingwall2.jpg
if you could also make me a Concrete Wall that would be great, as long as its gray and tall it ll do the job =) no need for anything fancy just needs to look real tough to break (thick and super tall).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
could i get a "head" on picture of both. Like a single sand bag and one section of fencing. The barbed wire can be done. Also, the fence i can make will be a section of fence with one end without and end pole, and i can give you the end pole as a separate model, or make it have an animation where the one pole is invisible and you can (in doodad properties) make it only use "alternate" animations.

EDIT: just noticed your post-- concrete is do-able with that picture, and does it need to be build-able? and the oddly looks like my house's foundation.. but the windows are slightly different

EDIT2: in fear of getting neg-repped please combine those into one post, the minimum time for second posts it 48hrs

EDIT3: picture uploaded

Attachments

• chain fence.jpg
    chain fence.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Level 11
Here are some images that might help you with the Sand Bag Wall:
41W2KA6DYTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

China_Self_Inflating_Sand_Bags20086181614116.jpg

sandbag.jpg

Having a hard time finding good piece Chain Link Fences but this is what i got:
662.jpg

ChainLinkBottmRail.jpg

Hope this helps =)
(On another note, how to i merge both my posts? or re-edit them? i can't seem to find that option :zip:)
And yes i need them to be buildable, but the animation does'nt need to be anything special, the wall coming out of the ground would be enough.

Level 11
Sweet =)
Please remember to make every model with a 180 degree and 270 degree rotations so i can use them as buildings (not gonna use em as doodads).

And thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me, much appreciated and going towards a sweetness map =P!

Level 11
Add the barbed wire on top and it will be perfect! i didn't think about adding player color but now that you did it and after thinking about it I think it is a great idea=D
Let me download that fenceness! hehe

Make the top part of the fence metallic color also please =p and for the death animation, could u make it fall over?

Level 11
AAh I see no problem, i can't really find barbed wire on the internet lol and it's not that important, and the team color on top of poles is a very good idea =)

Think I could have some prototypes by tonight? I test my map daily and it would help a lot =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
I have the fence done! It is animated with a simplistic birth/death/portrait/stand and I'm testing it now..... But don't worry about going over 4mb if you plan on protecting/optimizing the map it should be able to trim off enough in case my 16x16 and my 256x256 texture are to large. Will edit with finished fence.

EDIT: taking longer than i thought. animations are not working right.

EDIT2: I'm going to make a thread and try and get this fixed, I want to upload that into the model section afterward hopefully, with your permission.

Last edited:
Level 11
I am very exited =) and I think it's a good idea to release the fence to everyone because from what I have seen while searching for one that that's in high demand and none are available at all. Will you make me the Sand Bags and the Concrete Wall as well =P?
Ty so much again!

Level 19
Hi. Just wanted to tell I have been looking for these same models for ages. Can you please make another variation of the fence 354? It should be black and I think the ending poles look too thick. Also no team colour needed for this version if it reduces file size.
EDIT: " the ending poles look too thick" or maybe not after all

Last edited:
Level 11
Lol I am pretty new here even tho I have experience with the editor... and didn't even realize there was a second page!
Anyways will the walls be available to download from this post or will it be somewhere else? I wouldn't want to miss it :nw:!!
And thanks again so much for taking the time to make these =)

Level 11
Well, I can't work on anything this weekend, I won't be home. But the wall is like 80% done (10% animations and 10% fine tuning).

EDIT: here is the picture

1-The texture

2-Unfinished side

3-Texture paths

4-*Finished* side

EDIT2: I'm not sure how big is is in game, most likely needs a scale of 2.0+

Attachments

• concrete wall.jpeg
    concrete wall.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 259
Level 11
I love how you add the player color!
This is one of the last crucial pieces to finish my map =).
And don't worry bout the size I shall make it fit perfectly.
Is the Chain Link Fence done =D? haven't heard about it for a while hehe

Ty this looks like great material =) can't wait to use it.

Level 11
I can't use these sand bags because i need them to be a building that workers will build, so it needs birth / death anim and i need 2 versions, a 270 and a 90 degree rotation variation so the workers can build horizontal and vertical walls =)

Status
Not open for further replies.