• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Chain Lightning" Missile Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experiments, I've realized with near-certainty Chain Lightning has no missile art. This is a problem for my spell, and I'm trying to come up with a plan to do a chain-effect. The effect is to launch a magically-charged blade (Advanced Death Tower art) from the hero to ricochet around enemies.

One idea of mine is to create a dummy-unit with a bounce-attack with the missile art and damage i need. Using this method, however, would make it difficult to get the projectile source where I need it to be.

Does anyone have any advice? Sorry for asking so many questions. This community has been a big help for me in developing the most important parts of my map.

From my experiments, I've realized with near-certainty Chain Lightning has no missile art. This is a problem for my spell, and I'm trying to come up with a plan to do a chain-effect. The effect is to launch a magically-charged blade (Advanced Death Tower art) from the hero to ricochet around enemies.

One idea of mine is to create a dummy-unit with a bounce-attack with the missile art and damage i need. Using this method, however, would make it difficult to get the projectile source where I need it to be.

Does anyone have any advice? Sorry for asking so many questions. This community has been a big help for me in developing the most important parts of my map.

I suggest you search for DarkDragon's Chain Frost in the spells section I think you can just modify it to suit your needs.

What's the problem in doing your idea anyways?

Level 4
There IS Missile art... You must of missed it. You can change it and just slow the missile speed. It's under "Art - Missile Art"

To change the speed its under "Art - Missile Speed"

Both of these are in the Object Editor.

Tell me if that works.

Here's a SS to were it is.

Chainlightmissile.jpg

Level 4
Post updated with a screen shot and there is. The actual lightning you see if the missile art. And also, if the speed is too fast like 1500, you won't see the glave will move to quickly, if what he said doesn't work just try it out and see what happens.

EDIT: Your right, my method does not work. Sorry.

Post updated with a screen shot and there is. The actual lightning you see if the missile art. And also, if the speed is too fast like 1500, you won't see the glave will move to quickly, if what he said doesn't work just try it out and see what happens.

I think I also tried it sometime ago... it won't work... and the lightning you see is the ARt - lightning effect not the missile art.... and at 1500 speed you can still see the models, try it but not too close.

@ Adi what he does is create a dummy unit based on the missile art to "move" to the location, but I'll see how he situated his dummy caster and hope that it gives me the same effect with a dummy-attack.

oh yeah. but what's wrong with using you idea of a dummy unit then attack with bounce?

That's still my plan, I was just looking at his dummy-models to figure out how he lines it up with the hero's position and found out that he uses flying movement with 0 flyheight on the dummy caster, which seems like it will work for me.

you can also use movement type - none for the dummy caster... So your problem was the dummy unit was being displaced when you create it at the unit's position?

That was my guess, I didn't need to test it as I've had so many bugs with unit and art placement in the past that I often know what I'm getting into before it even starts.

you should have said so from the start... if you use movement type - foot then create the unit on the caster's position it would get displaced because of their Collision Size... anyways using none will be best because I think using flying can make it collide with a flying unit...

Status
Not open for further replies.