• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chain lightning doing armor reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
You will need to trigger this on your own, picking random target that has not yet been hit by the chain and then pick all units between the last target and the new target, add them all to group and then make dummy units apply any armor reduction debuff (like faerie fire or acid bomb, etc.)

Level 7
I want to make it so that when I cast chain lightning that all enemies that are in the beam (including targets) gain a armor reduction. however I don't want it to deal damage.

To pull off what you are asking requires a custom chain lightning or you need to see if the game can detect all units from the standard chain lightning. Regardless you must infuse it with dummy units to cast these armor reductions on these units for that period of time.

If you do not feel like you can pull this off, please ask a mod or admin to remove this thread so you may post a request of this spell in the Spell Workshop > Located in the Request Category.

Level 14
The Chain Lightning base damage must be 0.01 or 0.1 or some non-zero number for the spell to work properly, especially for AI casting.

As for the trigger, I'd assume that when ever a unit is targeted by an ability (event) equal to Chain Lightning (condition) apply Orb-of-Corruption-bonus? to triggering unit(action) should work {at least point you in the right direction. I'm not sure if the2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. units are targeted though. Also not sure about the units between targeted units though...
//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.