• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chain Lightning buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Set duration to 9999, buff to storm bolt.

Cast chain lightning

Storm bolt buff doesnt appear?

(i know it wont stun, but im doing it for buff tracking)

Level 19
The Chain Lightning spell doesn't show a buff in the Status of the Hero. Most buffs that show in the status are from aura abilities, so you need to base your spell from an aura ability to make the buff appear at the status.

I dont care about it showing up, i just want it to exist for triggering purposes. If i cant get this to work, ill just base it off of storm bolt than use dummy units to show the extra chains

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The buffs in WC3 have the effect tied to the ability that creates it and not the actual buff added. This is very different from SC2 where the buff has the effects bound to it.

Making an aura to add "Storm Bolt" will just give the aura effect under the name of the "Storm Bolt" buff and not stun them like the ability Storm Bolt that uses the buff does.

you set the duration to ZERO. it will be permanent unless you will cast a spell to the targeted unit.

have you even tried adding a buff to a chain lightning based spell? as we said, buff will never show if the base spell doesn't use a buff by default...

@Arhowk - btw, there is a chain spell system at the spells section... :)

Level 19
have you even tried adding a buff to a chain lightning based spell? as we said, buff will never show if the base spell doesn't use a buff by default...

@Arhowk - btw, there is a chain spell system at the spells section... :)

I'll just do it by hand, thanks all who replied

Status
Not open for further replies.