• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cell game - testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, only dx 9

nope it doesn't, because Py forgot to do optimalization...

Firstly, that's not even a word, and secondly, it's because Mogre (the graphics engine) was compiled for dx 9 and I'm not about to recompile the whole damn thing just because you whiny people can't download a simple directx version which you should have already.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The tech support you provide for your own game... is poor...

Ok the problem is probably your DX version is out of date. Now you may be thinking "WT% you moron, I have DX11!", well you do have a version of DX11 and I can not deny that. You however do not have an uptodate DX9l module and probably not an uptodate DX11 as well.

Windows updates does not automatically provide the lattest direct X version for you to use. It only provides major revisions like 10 to 11 but sub revisions of those (especially the developer libraries) are not updated automatically. If you are installing a game like StarCraft II, the game's installer will update your direct X version without asking if it is found to not contain the needed libraries (is out of date). These games however are selfish and do not install any components they do not need to run and as such even if you install StarCraft II, it is highly likly that you will not have a truely uptodate DX11 installation.

DirectX is divided into 2 parts which are undergoing continious development. There is DirectX 9, which is what the yellow dragon has used for his game. There is also the DirectX 11 (used to be 10) which is for development of games to take advantage of modern graphic features hardware can provide.

People using XP will only have DirectX 9 componets. Vista and 7 users will have DirectX 9 components (via DirectX 9l) as well as their DirectX 11 components.

Pyritie made no sense saying it can be compiled to use DX11 because DX11 and DX9 function differently and thus a simple recompile can not switch between them. For something like 32 bits to 64 bits a recompile might do.

Now for what you all want to hear, a soultion that I garuntee will fix any DirectX related problems (next to if it can not find DirectX which is a registry problem).
Download the web updater (in your localization) for Direct X and let it install all components.
If it fails to work, try the stand alone installer.
If you are up to date, the error must be located elsewhere.

Pyritie made no sense saying it can be compiled to use DX11 because DX11 and DX9 function differently and thus a simple recompile can not switch between them. For something like 32 bits to 64 bits a recompile might do.

Now for what you all want to hear, a soultion that I garuntee will fix any DirectX related problems (next to if it can not find DirectX which is a registry problem).
Download the web updater (in your localization) for Direct X and let it install all components.
If it fails to work, try the stand alone installer.
If you are up to date, the error must be located elsewhere.

okay okay, I don't know. All I know is he needs directx 9 :p

Level 13
ok, I downloaded that thing, launched it, took 5 seconds (without installing anything) and stated that I have newest Dx...

but as I stated before, my problem seems to be in the .NET framework, which is v.3.5 on my computer and that aplication wants v.4.0

soo...I downloaded the .NET framework v.4.0, now when I launch Limph, it just opens the window, starts doing something and after about half of a second "Error has occured" >.>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.