• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Celestial Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
(Note name is not yet official)

Celestial Conquest

Valkyrie-Profile-Angels-1004-1.jpg

(Possible Loading Screen)

Celestial Conquest is an all new type of map. The main idea of the game is to be the team to have the most points after 30 minutes or to gain control of the entire map. Gameplay is focused on your unique hero and teamwork with other players to defeat the other team.

Story
(not yet official)

In the great times of chaos, a the host of new gods where born and the old gods where banished from their realms and forced to become flesh and walk the earth... In one last attempt to regain their divine powers the turn against one another...and chaos is the result.

Gameplay

The team with the most points win. You can gain points by:

1: Capturing one of six strategic points: +25 points
2: Returning the flag at the center to a strategic point: +50 points
3: Killing enemy hero: +100 points
4: You gain +3 points every second for each strategic point you controll
5:You gain +4 points every second while carrying the flag.
StrategicPointcopy.jpg

At each Strategic point there is also 2 defensive points which can be upgraded to several buildings. Above is a screenshot of a strategic point. Note all defensive points also has a shop and a portal to teleport to allied defensive points.

Features

Not only does Celestial Conquest has its own unique gameplay it also have some new features.

New Hero Class System
Each hero has 4 skills to choose from. 95% of all activated abilities are made with Jass. When your hero reach level 11 you select an additional class causing your hero to gain 4 additional abilities which can also be upgraded to level 4. Not only allows this to customize your hero according to your style, but your hero will have 8 abilities! This is done with some smart use of spellbooks.

Creep System
Across the map there are multiple points where neutral hostile creeps spawn. They are randomly generated and have a very small chance of dropping randomly generated items based on your level.

Attachment Weapons
Weapons are displayed on the hero. You can only use one weapon at a time.

Improved Inventory Space
Each hero has 20 initial inventory slots which can be improved by carrying a backpack

Equip System
Your hero can equip a weapon, armor, helm and 2 rings

Sockets
All weapons, armor and helms have sockets. You can insert gems into them to add special effects. There are series of Jewels and Runes into weapons. The effects of jewels stay the same no matter in what item they are inserted while the effects of runes are based on the item.

Team so far

Main Scriptwriter/Object Editor/Team Leader : Me (Kyton)
Co-Jasser : D3zmodos

Project Recruitment

Modeler(s)
I need someone who can animate models without weapons as well as create attachments. I could remove the weapons of normal war3 models but this would cause this map to not for fill in its potential.

Co-Jasser
I am rather adept at normal jass, but an help would be greatly appreciated.

Terrainer
A terrainer would help a lot. Terraining is not my specialty.

2d Artist for loading screen
Someone who is adept at making good loading screens would help alot. I myself can make loading screens, but I am not capible of creating something extraordinary.

Alpha/Beta Testers
Anyone willing to alpha or beta test should post here please.

Feedback
As with all maps, feedback will be needed to ensure that this map reach its full potential.

Progress
(to alpha test)

Screenshots are hidden under their categories.

Terrain : [IIIIIIIIII] :
Heroes : [IIIIIIIIII]
Items : [IIIIIIIIII]

Inferno: Launch multiple bolts of fire in target direction.
Lightning Nova: Creates a nova of lightning, dealing damage and slowing units.
Frost Bolt: Creates a bolt of frost, slowing and damaging target.
Contingent Surge: With each spell you cast your surge counter increase. Your surge counter is the chance that your spell will have greatly improved effects based on the spell. Inferno deals additional damage to all nearby units, Lightning Nova slows unit additionally and damage them and Frost Bolt freeze all nearby units.

Magic Missile:
Creates 2 bolts of magical energy, dealing damage and stunning units.
Telekines: Attract target to the caster, dealing damage to both units that collide with it and to the target. Also deals damage if the target collides with a tree.
Teleport: Teleport to target point in the map. Cannot be used while carrying the flag.
Wizardry: Grants additional mana regen and increase the intelligence of the wizard.

Dark Chain: Swing target 540 deg. around the caster, dealing damage to units that collides with it and to the target.
Dark Pulse: Creates 3 random lightning bolts that rotates around target point and dealing massive damage to units caught within.
Dark Lightning: Creates a lightning bolt which bounce between targets. It always bounce to the nearest enemy unit and can hit the same unit twice.
Unholy Fervor: Improves the life regeneration and movementspeed of all nearby units.

Raise Dead: Summons zombies. Zombies deal damage equal to 1-10+Intelligence/5, has life equal to 50 + Str*5 and armor equal to agility/10
Contagion: Target zombie infects nearby units, dealing damage.
Poison Nova: Kill target zombie, creating a nova of poison, dealing damage. If target was infected by contagion, it leaves behind a disease cloud.
Touch of the Dammed: Improves zombies, giving them additional abilities: Level 1: Units killed by zombies are raised as zombies. Level 2: Gain 4 damage reduction. Level 3: Gain 25% life steal. Level 4: Zombies deal 25 damage to nearby units apon dying.

Additional Classes : [IIIIIIIIII]

Shield Other: Grants bonus armor for the celestial and the target. 50% of the damage target takes goes to the celestial.
Cure: Restores life of target.
Smite: Deals damage and mini stun target anywhere in the map.
Divinity: +all stats. Adds Angle Wing FX

Surge: Move at max movementspeed, but can't cast spells for very short duration. Disabled when carrying the flag.
Dark Ritual: Cast time: 10. Reduce the armor of heroes in the map and reveal them.
Demonic Manifestation: Deals damage per second to target and slow target. If target dies, spawns a lesser demon. Mana Cost is based on the life target has left.
Terror: Reduce the attack damage of all nearby units. Grants demon wing fx

Whirlwind: Moves to target point, dealing damage to all nearby units.
Berserk: Auto Cast: Each attack slightly increase movement and attack speed.
Crush: While in berserk attacks has a small chance to knockback target.
Dual Weapons: Grants an offhand weapon fx. Greatly improve attack rate.

Shield Bash: Only if has shield skill. Deals damage and stun target.
Block: Ignore all damage for 1 second.
Hold Ground: Reduce movemenstpeed, grants evasion and magic damage reduction. Shield grants x2 armor while in hold ground.
Shield: Grants an offhand shield, improving armor.

Terrain Screenshots

Terrain001.jpg

Terrain002.jpg

Terrain003.jpg

I am considering to make this map open source to attract the community....Since I alone can't possible make a map that would redefine the standards of war3 maps, but with your help...we could.

Last edited:
Level 3
willing to help you with the loadingscreen.

awesome classes and stuff man sounds insane!

EDIT: love the avatar of retribution man AWESOME!

Level 8
@ wh1pl4sh: Awesome...Loading screen help will be appreciated.

@ BlinkforFear....Awesome...just keep track of my progress...I'll tell you once my map is ready to alpha test.

Edit of my initial post : Need Terrainer...

Level 4
It sounds really awesome... I can try to co-jass :D (you know how I am) and will offer to make an attempt at the terrain (did I hear you once say you wanted to work with me on something? :p)

Level 3
yeah i can understand that. just try getting it into beta, then we'll have some fun with those awesome spells...DEATH REVENANT HERE I COME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.