• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] CBS - Complex Inventory System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am making a bag system, which allows the user to save several items.
I already did a mini-system, very simple called SBBS - Simple Bag Button System - which works through Dialog boxes and buttons and stores up to 12 items. The system works just fine, and is bug free as far as I know.
Anyway, it uses a simple Item Array that stores the items.

This new system I am making is also for a campaign. The leader of the campaign needs a bag system hard, and I decided to create SBBS while he is in holidays to surprise him. However, he has become my friend and I believe the project needs more, deserves more.

So When I was searching in wc3 database I found a system made by Toadcop:
BX-TRS II Demo - Wc3campaigns

What I want is a lot simpler. I don't need all that stuff.
I just need to create a window when the hero uses the item (ability).
In that window the items in the Item Array will be displayed in a box, and the user inventory will be available in another box. I just need to make the change of items possible between boxes.

I saw how he created the window, using units and destructibles, but I make no idea how he creates the image of the item in each square of the box and his grid system is complex for me.

Please, does some one has enough experience in this stuff to help me ??

It doesn't need to be MUI, it is ok as long as it works and it bug free.
However I also have some troubles, it can NOT use vJASS, only regular JASS, and the use of game cache is very restricted, if not prohibited (due saving items from 1 map to another).
Please, people who help will have credit and get +rep.

About the new system CBS, I would like it to have this interface:
The area above the "Inventory" board would be for the items description.
The "Blue Bags" are the slots in which you can have items. The gray slots are slots in which you can not have them.
The main idea is to change items from the hero's inventory into the big box on it's left, like when we change items from slots within the inventory.

Please I already know how to make the inner structure of the bag system with the array. I just need huge help on the interface, because it is something I never did before.

I will send PM to Toadcop soon .. maybe he can help =S

Anyway, Can some one help me out it CBS ?

Attachments

• CBS.jpg
    CBS.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 183
  • SBBS 1.1.w3x
    20.9 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.