• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CavalryCursor.blp

Final Entry for mini
2D Art Mini-Contest:
A Cursor's ®obe
attachment.php

See More Screenshots in the original post!
by kari0003

Keywords:
Cavalry, Centaur, Knight, Sword, Scimitar, Shoe, Horseshoe, Cursor
Contents

Cavalry Cursor (Texture)

Reviews
13:59, 14th Feb 2013 Kwaliti: An unusual concept for a cursor, but nonetheless great execution. Kwaliti: Will be reviewed after the contest.

M

13:59, 14th Feb 2013
Kwaliti:

An unusual concept for a cursor, but nonetheless great execution.
Kwaliti:

Will be reviewed after the contest.

Level 24
Very nice indeed even though I have a hard time figuring out who would use a horseshoe cursor it makes it none the less awesome.

Smite the child that uses black outlines...
Please, never use black to outline key points of shading. It is a BAD BAD thing to do, as it makes the game look like a flat cartoon. All aspects of it look flat, boring and cartoony.
Your shading is minimal, and is therefore causing this flat and boring aspect. work on making something like this much more dynamic, and interesting for the player to see.
The fade filter used to mimic a swords shine is so anti-dynamic its painful to look at. Have a shine stripe fly along the sword and not a magical white circle cloud, jump across it. And in all honesty, that sword should be your main cursor. The horseshoe is hard to play with and confuses me on where my cursor is actually pointing.
All in all, Much more effort is needed to be put into this. You need to have a lot more shading and dynamics. Id suggest looking up any of the tutorials we have here on the site. Good luck, hope to see you improve.

~Dentothor

Level 14
Thank you very much for your feedback, i know that i can advance far more, and i'm eager to hear others' opinion about my works. I started digital art not long ago, so i'm still a bit shy with lights and shadows, i will look into more turorials, and hopefully practise more.
I hardly edit my "considered finished" works, but if i have motivation, ill look into this one. Thank you again, i hope with your help i can advance in a better way.