• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cats and Mice v4.22

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An easy map to get started with, simple gameplay and games do not take that long. Yet there is a big load of micromanagement and strategy involved at higher gameplay levels. The map offers to play at 4 different fields and there are 5 extra game modes.

Cats:
Start out quite overpowered and need to build up their base and try to catch all mice before they grow too strong. Early game cats have a huge advantage over mice but this advantage grows weaker over the course of the game. Try to take care of as many mice as you can so they can never expand much and achieve dominance over the map.

Mice:
Start out quite weak. Build up your base and wall it so cats cannot enter and bring havoc. Late game you must have the upper hand and eliminate all enemy cats, if you survive to that point of course.

Originally, I started out with a very early version of Tom and Jerry. I thought I could do a better job at making such a map and so I improved and updated my 'own' map a lot. Over months of time I spent hours and hours working on the map. When I was making v4.xx I had in mind to remove pretty much everything the map originally had with Tom and Jerry.

The map is now called Cats and Mice and does not share much of a link with the original anymore. Only the general gameplay is sort of the same. Still I must credit Tranquil, Kuhnegetz and D.O.G. for use of their Cat, Angel and Cheese Mine models. Some other icon models were used too but those are to be removed in upcoming versions. I'm not such a big fan of models.

Keywords:
Cats, Mice, Mini-game, Tag, Survival, Melee.
Contents

Cats and Mice v4.22 (Map)

Reviews
13:08, 22nd Dec 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: See my comment.
Level 3
You know there is a cat and mice game known as Tom and Jerry in Hive? Lacking of originality... :(

Well ... I guess few maps are still original because, what has not been made already? True it does resemble Tom and Jerry a lot and this was also my purpose, because I really liked the gameplay style that map provided. Yet the map is more complex and more strategy is involved, this is where it differs.

Level 32
Well, tom and jerry isn't exactly an old map. I've tried the map, I can definitely see the resemblance even if you haven't stated it. Anyway, I need to see permission from the creator.

Also, your description is informative in what to do in the map, but it's still lacking. As stated above, follow the map submission rules.

Reactions: Yrk