• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cat and Mouse AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How Would i make an AI where the "cats" would run around while trying to kill the mice but not stay at one base for long periods of time??

-sorta like "suicide mission" in starcraft
-and if you could could you make it

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
-sorta like "suicide mission" in starcraft
This is a pointless statement as not everyone knows what that is.

-and if you could could you make it
Whos making your map, us? You should atleast try to make it yourself as what you ask is not hard.

There are several approaches I will list.

The easiest is the so called cheating AI approch, whereby you tell the cats to attack move to the position of a mouse every so often (15-60 seconds). You can make this easier by revealing the map for the cats and telling them to attack the mice so they auto track them. This logically is cheating for the obvious reason you can not hide from it, only run.

Another easy but dumb approch is to make the cats attack move to random positions on the map every so often (again 15-60 seconds). This is more fair as they need not have the map fully revealed but might be too easy as the cats will go to positions which might not make sense or be pointless or cluster together.

Finally, you need to set up an AI system, where it lists all points the cats should check out (in an array). The cats go to random points and then wonder around that point for a bit. This is the best AI probably and could be done with a coule of arrays and timers.

Level 2
Ok thanks for the tips!!!
I am really new to this WE so the points you made make sense but i wouldnt and dont know how to make any of those kinda things.. . . . . since you wont make it for me ;) could you give me some basic starting areas or tips on how to make those kind of things?

Status
Not open for further replies.