• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CathedralCrypt

After seeing Ardenian submit his own version of this crypt I decided to bring mine too, I made this one long ago to be used along with similiar structures such as the Cathedral, feel free to modify it as you need to.

Keywords:
Crypt, Cathedral, City, Rewrap, Ruins.
Contents

CathedralCrypt (Model)

Reviews
01:43, 15th May 2016 HappyTauren: Nice rewrap of a Blizzard's model, should make it look more fitting among buildings that use Cathedral textures.

M

01:43, 15th May 2016
HappyTauren: Nice rewrap of a Blizzard's model, should make it look more fitting among buildings that use Cathedral textures.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

A useful re-wrap, as it goes with the cathedral doodad, allwoing to extend its use.
Could be useful for Human-themed maps.

Why is the file-size higher than mine ?
Shouldn't it be the same ?

I have no idea either, I even tried using mdl squisher but it gave me the same size, this is why I was surprised when I saw yours was smaller and commented about it. Either way it's just like 7 kb bigger so it's not a big deal.

MDX squisher will never reduce the size outside of a compressed archive. The way it works is that it zeros out a lot of values so that if your vertex is at position which is equal to 10010110 it will replace that number with 10010000, basically it zeros out the least significant bits (this is an 8bit integer so it is an oversimplification, the numbers used are a form of a float value, probably 32bit). Anyway, all this "zeroing out" is so that compression can take consecutive zeros into an account, hence compressing them much easier.

Your model has larger filesize because it has more vertices, this is because you have more seams in your UVW. It could probably be reduced, but it is not a big deal.