1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

CathedralCrypt

Submitted by Azsure
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
After seeing Ardenian submit his own version of this crypt I decided to bring mine too, I made this one long ago to be used along with similiar structures such as the Cathedral, feel free to modify it as you need to.

Keywords:
Crypt, Cathedral, City, Rewrap, Ruins.
Contents

CathedralCrypt (Model)

Reviews
01:43, 15th May 2016 HappyTauren: Nice rewrap of a Blizzard's model, should make it look more fitting among buildings that use Cathedral textures.
  1. 01:43, 15th May 2016
    HappyTauren: Nice rewrap of a Blizzard's model, should make it look more fitting among buildings that use Cathedral textures.

2. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am confused with the model preview honestly. But I figured it out!

Useful 3/4.

3. A useful re-wrap, as it goes with the cathedral doodad, allwoing to extend its use.
    Could be useful for Human-themed maps.

Why is the file-size higher than mine ?
    Shouldn't it be the same ?

4. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have no idea either, I even tried using mdl squisher but it gave me the same size, this is why I was surprised when I saw yours was smaller and commented about it. Either way it's just like 7 kb bigger so it's not a big deal.

5. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is... A BIG DEAL.

Joke. Maybe the Cathedral Texture adds to the size?

6. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Interesting, I like this crypt too.

7. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    MDX squisher will never reduce the size outside of a compressed archive. The way it works is that it zeros out a lot of values so that if your vertex is at position which is equal to 10010110 it will replace that number with 10010000, basically it zeros out the least significant bits (this is an 8bit integer so it is an oversimplification, the numbers used are a form of a float value, probably 32bit). Anyway, all this "zeroing out" is so that compression can take consecutive zeros into an account, hence compressing them much easier.

Your model has larger filesize because it has more vertices, this is because you have more seams in your UVW. It could probably be reduced, but it is not a big deal.

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should scale/raise the roof a little.