• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Catapult Model, Classic Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a map which I'm looking at again for the first time since Reforged came out (I don't have reforged yet)

I noticed that a unit which had used the old Catapult model was switched over to the Demolisher one.

So I dug around and found such threads as this one about the new hidden material in the reforged editor Reforged - List of Hidden Material Within the World Editor

I was able to find the new neutral catapult model and it looks right in the world editor when the world editor is set to use reforged graphics. However, in-game with classic graphics no model will appear at all.

When I use the old hidden catapult model, I instead get the demolisher model.

Is there a way to make this appear correctly, with a catapult model whether one uses classic or reforged graphics?

Level 8
Reforged models might not have classic versions. Which is why no model appears.

It is possible the model you want to use has been removed. For example the chaos space orc model no longer exists and was replaced by a reference to the marine model.

Right, I was afraid it might be something like that.

In that case, if the old model has been removed and the new model won't work with classic graphics, is there any kind of workaround or solution to just get the unit to look like a catapult (rather than a demolisher) in both classic and reforged graphics?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In that case, if the old model has been removed and the new model won't work with classic graphics, is there any kind of workaround or solution to just get the unit to look like a catapult (rather than a demolisher) in both classic and reforged graphics?
In worst case you could import the old model as an SD asset and use that. I am unsure how to make it so that it references an existing HD model when Reforged mode is active.

Status
Not open for further replies.