• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Catacomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm creating a team-based dungeon crawler map with fixed cameras. The first area is supposed to be like a catacomb. I'm at a loss of how to improve it further, perhaps more tombs on the sides, but i'm not sure what other doodads I could use. So what do you think?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_052009_114626_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_052009_114626_01.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Relic2.jpg
    Relic2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Relic3.jpg
    Relic3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 2
Alright, I made it darker by setting it to midnight. Is there any type of lighting doodad I could place by those torches so it actually looks like they are emitting light.

Attachments

• Darker01.jpg
    Darker01.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Darker02.jpg
    Darker02.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 106

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Is there any type of lighting doodad I could place by those torches so it actually looks like they are emitting light.
Shrink the post lantern until it's not visible anymore, the size of its omni-light will remain.

The non-existent transition between the walls and the ground is kinda ugly, the custom column and pedestal you use have a base, the wall however doesn't. Maybe add flat pedestals to the sides of the wall.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_052009_114846_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_052009_114846_06.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 118
Level 2
I like it, but maybe give it a more dusty look.

Not quite sure how to do that...

Shrink the post lantern until it's not visible anymore, the size of its omni-light will remain.

Maybe add flat pedestals to the sides of the wall.

I tried using the post lantern, but it looks a little weird, not natural and adds way too much light. Orange light would be awesome, if ye don't have to dig around for it, Void. If not I can attempt creating one. I've messed around with the wall transition and it looks a bit better now.

Level 2
Discipline attached a fire glow to the braziers for me, but I'm torn if it really looks better or not. I also added a base to the sides of the walls. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Level 18
ya what super sheep said is right. Since everything is scaled so small, the floor textures appear really retarded.

I would say to either change the tileset on the floor to more textured tiles. or replace the floor all together with a doodad made floor ( for instance a floor doodad, flattened and placed accuratly to create a floor.

but changeing the scale of the doodads and units could work as well so that they are bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.