• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cataclysm AoS v1.17

An AoS-Style map based on the World of Warcraft Universe.

Fight in yet another epic battle between the forces of Azeroth in a struggle for the worlds diminishing resources. Fight as the Horde, or the Alliance in a team-based and co-operative assault against the opposing team.

This is an early release of the map so there's much to be updated, however, it's fully playable in it's current state and makes for an interesting play online :)

- Hero balancing
- Fixed broken tooltips
- Fixed pathing bugs

- Buffed up some of the melee heroes
- New Merchants
- Made room for high-res Gilneas skin
- New middle-class Items

- Hero balancing
- Terrain Updates
- New Skins
- New Worgen Curse Event
- New Items

- Hero balancing (Buffed up melee heroes a little)
- New Custom Death Coil ability to replace the old.
- Unit balancing
- New Minimap and icons

- Fixed an urgent bug with the Fire Nova ability
- Fixed a broken model for the Horde Hunter
- Unit balancing

- Nerfed Shaman Class
- New Items
- Changed location of dwarf event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count Update
- Outpost Guardians now get crit hit towards the end of the game

- New Shaman Class
- New Items
- Extra loot from bosses
- Boss loot now goes to the killing player
- Deathwing final event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count on the leader-board (in-progress)
- New Skins / Models
- Terrain Updates

- New Hunter Ultimate
- New Items
- Random loot-drop for bosses
- New Models / Skins
- Skill Balancing
- New Skills

- Unit Balancing
- New loading screen
- Leaderboard size/style Adjustments
- Terrain Updates
- New Preview Pic
- New Skins and models
- Hero ability balancing
- Renamed to "Cataclysm AoS"

- Unit Balancing
- New faction spell-caster abilities
- Icons on the leaderboard
- Heroes now spawn with 50% mana
- Added new information to the quest dialog
- Terrain Updates
- Smaller file-size
- New high-res loading screen

- New Hero Classes (Warrior and Rogue)
- Unit Balancing
- Path Fixes
- New Spells
- Bug Fixes
- Added new information to the quest dialog

- Unit/Game Balancing
- New Event
- Bug Fixes
- Leak Fixes
- New Items
- New Spells

- Unit Balancing
- Player names now show colours in game messages
- Bug fixes
- Reduced health of town halls
- New unit models

- Nerfed tower HP and damage
- Nerfed event units so they make less of an impact on the game
- Items give higher stat increases
- Pathing fixes
- Added a "Death" counter to the leaderboard
- Reduced basic item and unit upgrade costs

Models
- apaka
- levigeorge1617
- General Frank
- Vermillion Edict
- JokeMaster
- Sellenisko

Skins
- Cycloverid
- Darkholme
- zadelim

Icons
- Darkfang
- Blizzard Entertainment
- -Berz-
- bigapple90
- viiva
- NFWar

logo.png

Please Note: I am a firm believer in open-source maps. Therefore, all my projects are free to download and open in the editor.

Tags: Cataclysm AoS Map CloudWolf

Keywords:
Cataclysm, World of Warcraft, World, Of, Warcraft, AoS, DotA, battle, fight, control, capture, tower, pvp
Contents

Cataclysm AoS v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/12 17:22:36 Reasons: Other: Comment: Re-moderating with reviews and rating! Raven0: 4.2/5 -> 4/5 - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1755516-post175.html VGsatomi: 5/5 -...
Level 6
The game has a hearthstone already (you may buy it in your town)
Many good ideas, but no one still working on it :(
This map is a open source that cloudwolf do so just people with good triggering and wow knowledge may continue this amazin work.

Level 6
hmm I think that that map has some places that are no finished yet, like the right bottom dwarven like dungeon (maybe an instance) ... BTW this is an open source, some one should continue working on it.

Level 30
Hey Fusion.Laguna!

As you probably know theres a floating platform doodad in the editor which basically makes units stand on top of it when they move onto it.

To make the towers, I created a tower doodad and set the pathing to "none" and the collision size to 0. This makes units able to walk through it (sort of like ghosts!)

Next, we have to stop these units from going through the walls, but also make sure we can position a unit inside. We do this by placing "Pathing Blockers" around the edges so that units cant walk into it,

Finally we place a "Floating Platform" doodad at the centre of the tower. We can then select this platform and raise it into the air with a handy keyboard shortcut. I think this is the pageup and pagedown keys.

Simply raise the floating platform so that it is online with the top floor of the tower.

Finally, place the archer (or tower unit) on the same square as the floating platform doodad.

Note, in the editor the unit will look like he's just standing on the ground. However, once the game starts it will appear at the heght of the platform :)

This map is open-source so feel free to open it up in the editor and take a look for yourself ;)

Level 2
Can I insert some computer AI?...
Just to make it one of the best AI Maps,...
It is Okay... i will upload it

Level 17
Please Note: I am a firm believer in open-source maps. Therefore, all my projects are free to download and open in the editor.
That's from the description.

This is a open-source map that anyone is free to modify. (just make sure to keep the credits)
CloudWolf himself is no longer working on the project, so if you want something to be done to the map, you'd have to do it yourself.

Level 6
If someone is enhancing the project please host it and give some advice. I want to test the improvement you make on it xD

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I don't see what's so great about this map other than it's terrain and special events (but even these get very annoying; i.e. the pirate one). There are only like 5 heroes, and they are the same heroes on both sides, so no variety. The game gets boring after a bit, because all you do is take control of one checkpoint after another, and there's no real "strategy" in this whole thing. It's all back and forth hack and slash domination. There are also barely any items. Don't say I'm a DotA nerd, because I'm not, but at the moment, I would say DotA is much better than this map. This map has a long way to go before it is really any good. For now, just improve the hero aspects. It's a major downer on this map when there is no variety and everyone has the same heroes. Add much more items, and make them more complex with recipes, special effects/abilities, etc.

Rating: 2/5.

It is exactly what I wanted to comment. :) with a beautiful terrain you don't simply attract players! The core of any AoS are the heroes and items(obviously must be unique)

Level 2
Hi, guys! I’m an editor from China. I really like this map and I want to localize it and promote it in China, so I may make some modifications that are in line with Asia. I hope to obtain your consent! Thank you very much!

Level 30
Hi, guys! I’m an editor from China. I really like this map and I want to localize it and promote it in China, so I may make some modifications that are in line with Asia. I hope to obtain your consent! Thank you very much!
Of course, not a problem :)

Everything I've put on Hive Workshop can be modified / re-purposed in any way you see fit.