• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Fight like map - Seeks Icons/Effects Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hiya,

I've been working on this project for well over a month now and so far have made alot of progress. It's testable single player, almost playable multiplayer and I'm hoping to have it all ready for the SC2 official game release.

The map in short is basically of Castle Fight with some Card Game elements. Basically you have two opposing teams on either side of the map, players can summon units, create structures and cast spells. Typically summoned units are uncontrollable and automatically aggressively seek out the enemy team. The players goal is guide and assist them with more reinforcements and spells in an attempt to destroy his opponents.

So far everything is looking good, but visually would like to take the map to a new level. What I'm basically looking for is:
  • Icon Artists: Someone capable of making smallish icons 76x76, mainly for spells. Many of the already existing SC2 ones could use some color and of course simply brand new ones would be fantastic.
  • Effect Makers: Someone skilled in creating minor buff/aura/explosive type effects. Typically for on units and small locations.
  • Idea Brainstormers: Someone who really enjoys the Castle Fight genre and whom is also equally passionate about Card Games. Has plenty of time to review my deck lists for feedback, criticism, ideas and maybe even run some map tests from time to time.
Any questions feel free to ask, I really am fully committed and working very hard on this project everyday. Anyone who likes the sound of this and would like to help out, it would really be appreciated, thanks.

Icon Requests

XYZMuffin was already kind enough to do one, this is nuclear strike with some color added:
B-4.jpg
>>>
Icon_Smolder.jpg

Alex has done quite a few as well, thanks:

E.jpg
>>>
Icon_Surge.jpg

G-4.jpg
>>>
Icon_Enrage.jpg

D-2.jpg
>>>
Icon_ForceField.jpg

A-10.jpg
>>>
Icon_Heal.jpg

F-1.jpg
>>>
Icon_Reinforcements.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
EDIT: Updated with whats been done so far so you can see. I'll try to add some requests as well.

Of course can also give some of the effects I'm in need of, should anyone have an interest in that.

Last edited:
Level 19
and you cant edit a post that has not been made yet!!

Also, castle fight on sc2? not gonna work. its like trying to make LoaP out of zerg

Level 25
and you cant edit a post that has not been made yet!!

Also, castle fight on sc2? not gonna work. its like trying to make LoaP out of zerg

Why shouldn't it work?

And on-topic, i might be able to do some of your icon requests if you'd like to, you can check my link in my signature to my resources if you want to see if I am good enough for you (or if my "style" of icon-making suits you.) I might not be the most dedicated and active icon maker, but if you can scribble together some sort of icon request list, then i'll see what I can do.

(Noticed that this thread was quite old, sorry if i revived it unneccesarrily. Is this project still alive Fulla?)

Level 12
(Noticed that this thread was quite old, sorry if i revived it unneccesarrily. Is this project still alive Fulla?)

Hey yea it's still alive. Haven't been on this site much sorry.

I think I shall call it 'Duelist Fight', as it's a mix of the Card Game & Castle Fight elements.

Anyways I'll post the project soon when it's ready for play testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.