• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

||- Castle Assassins 2010 -||

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Castle Assassins 2010
5 Assassins attack the castle, helped by the Assassin's guild, and take out primary targets on their way to assassinate the King. 5 Defenders stand valiantly between them and the ruler of the Nerakan kingdom, and have to hold the assassins back for 45 minutes! Who will be victorious?

2010 version by GreyArchon, most triggering cleaned, expanded, and map mechanics, looks, gameplay and custom heroes updated to meet the demands of this modern day and age. Original version by Kiradacon.

(While I could not find Kiradacon to contact, he is mentioned in the Gamefile description, in the quest-Credits, and one of the custom heroes is named after him.)

2010 update:
Many ingame functions cleaned up and made simpler, such as opening doors, using traps, etcetera. Balanced some heroes (vampire, blademaster), added one hero per team (Defenders; Elementalist + Assassins: Hypnotist). Map as a whole is now cleaner, more streamlined, more professional, and fancier.. including a custom minimap preview. :V

This map is Protected and is not intended for Solo play. Host on battle.net.

Keywords:
Castle,assassins,Castle Assassins, Castle Assassins 2010,2010,dungeon,adventure,hero siege,hero,hero defense
Contents

||- Castle Assassins 2010 -|| (Map)

Reviews
14:21, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
I've found a slight problem. On the quest tab in the area where it shows the classes best opponent on some, if not all classes it shows that they are strongest against the other class for ex it says the the demo panda is best against the engineer and on the engineers tab it says hes best against the demo.

Hope I didnt confuse to many people.

Level 23
I've found a slight problem. On the quest tab in the area where it shows the classes best opponent on some, if not all classes it shows that they are strongest against the other class for ex it says the the demo panda is best against the engineer and on the engineers tab it says hes best against the demo.

Hope I didnt confuse to many people.

'Counterpart' does not equal 'best opponent' or 'best against', it means it's just their opposite. Engineer builds, Demolitionist destroys. Vampire makes others invisibile, General reveals enemy units. Etc.

Level 23
2010 update:
Many ingame functions cleaned up and made simpler, such as opening doors, using traps, etcetera. Balanced some heroes (vampire, blademaster), added one hero per team (Defenders; Elementalist + Assassins: Hypnotist). Map as a whole is now cleaner, more streamlined, more professional, and fancier.. including a custom minimap preview. :V

Looks quite good. Dl and testing.

Um, first off, you should make the heroes way more different. The way I see it, they are all copies of already made warcraft hereoes. You could use imported files at least for them, there are fairly decent models/textures, and change the heroes' abilities. The counterpart system was cool, and the terrain is well done. I'm glad this map has a preview, as it does attract people more easily. Good job, 4/5.

Last edited:
Level 23
Looks quite good. Dl and testing.

Um, first off, you should make the heroes way more different. The way I see it, they are all copies of already made warcraft hereoes. You could use imported files at least for them, there are fairly decent models/textures, and change the heroes' abilities. The counterpart system was cool, and the terrain is well done. I'm glad this map has a preview, as it does attract people more easily. Good job, 4/5.

Explain your logic. Only the blademaster and mountain king are standard heroes (even though each got two extra abilities).

Vampire (dreadlord): Only Carrion Swarm is a standard ability, others are custom.
Dark Archer (shandris): Only Ensnare is a standard ability, others are custom.
Magus Slayer (demonhunter): Only Mana Burn is a standard ability, others are custom.
Hypnotist (shadow hunter): Hex and BBV are standard, but are lvl 1 non-hero abilities. Other abilities are custom.
Healer: Healing wave is standard, rest is relativly custom. Healers have to be straight-forward.
Shadow Stalker (warden): Only Fan of Knives is standard, rest is custom.
Spiderlord (Crypt Lord): Only Spiked Carpace is standard, rest is custom.
Grand Summoner (Thrall): Only Summon Bear and Stampede is standard, rest is custom.
Nightsabre Rider: Only trueshot aura and Starfall are standard, rest is custom.
Fallen Paladin: Okay, granted, the Death Knight's only custom ability is Curse Shield. But it's an awesome custom ability k.
Demolitionist (panda): Only the drunken haze/firebreath combo remains standard, rest is custom.

Engineer (Tinker): Only Pocket Factory is standard, everything else; custom.
Paladin (Arthas): No standard abilities.
Priestes sof the Moon: Only Frost Arrows is standard.
Archdruid (malfurion): Only Entangling Roots is standard.
Barbarian (beastmaster): No standard abilities.
Elementalist: Imported unit with no standard abilities.
Lightning Lord: Reskinned Bloodmage, only standard ability is forked lightning and a Purge non-hero skill.
Sniper (rifleman): No standard abilities other than Ensnare.
General: I guess Reincarnation is standard.
Axemaster: Mirage Image works differently than Mirror Image. Wild Speeds is not Windwalk.

All heroes play completly different than their 'standard' counterparts. If they have a standard ability it's purely because it works well for that hero, and is in good synergy with their other abilities. :)

Whoa! I didn't test every hero, what I meant about the copy was that each hero has the same model. That, at least will unique-ify it. But like you wrote, every hero has at least one original ability, save three or four. You can also change the name of abilities, like Cold Arrows>Frost Arrows. The map is still good, the heroes are just too recogniseable.

And both the ability Cold Arrows and Frost Arrows exist as standard in the map editor. :p
Didn't know that.
But at least make the map around 3.5mb. That's what most maps are, using even loads of imports. You don't have to download a model for every hero, you can download skins! Just kidding, some Warcraft 3 models are pretty awesome anyway.