• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting Spellbook Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I make a unit cast a spellbook spell? I made Cast Spell-*Spell it originally was *the spell is in a disabled/hidden spellbook and yet it won't work. What must I do?

I dont think you can cast something from a disabled spellbook... But your method would work in a spell inside an enabled spellbook...

Possibly you could enable it, force UI key (force the key for whatever the spellbook's hotkey is), cast the spell, and then disable the spellbook but I haven't tried it. =P Although, you would have to track somehow when they want to cast the spell so that idea is partially flawed already.

Just a thought. Otherwise, I think the whole "hidden spells" thing has been an urban legend. People have talked about hiding a spellbook with a spell in it, and casting the hotkey for the spell to trigger, but as far as I know, that doesn't work.

EDIT: Yeah, I tested the whole hotkey myth thing, and it doesn't work. My suggestion is also very inefficient. You need at least ~0.56 seconds for the spell to be actually cast so it can't be instantaneous, and the unit must be selected. Yeah, you can work around it with a lot of work and illusion but it is overall not worth it.

Last edited:
So if I want to make an hidden spell how do I do that?

don't make a hidden active spell... why would you need it anyway?

If you want you can use triggers to unleash the spell you want using a dummy caster... that way you can cast any spell... I can give you a sample trigger if you tell me when you would want to cast the spell...
(btw you cannot make the unit cast a "visible" channeling spell this way, the dummy will channel but not the real unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.