• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Casting chainlightning via Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Greetings

In my map I have a Hero with an ability i call Chain Shock. It fires a chain lightning at a target. It work to this part.
However I tried to trigger a second chain lightning to be shot at the same target. I used dummies for this. But no matter what i tried i can't get it shooting that damn Lightning.

This is my trigger:
  • Event:
  • Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 begins to cast a spell
  • conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to Chain Shock core
    • (Lightning Lord) equal to (casting unit)
    • (Level of Chain Shock core for Lightning Lord) equal to 2
  • Actions
    • Set ChainShockTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Set LightningLordLocation = (Casting unit)
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy for Player 5 (yellow) at (Position of LightningLordLocation)
    • Unit - Add expiration Timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add Chain Shock Dummy Cast to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Farseer - Chain Lightning ChainShockTarget
(the actual line text can be different since i don't use the English editor)

This is the Trigger after i changed it countless times.

Things that work about in this trigger:
I get the right Locations and the Dummy unit is created the way i and place i want it. Also the target is right. I thing the mistake must be in the last 2 lines but i have checked it 5 times now and i can't find a mistake. I checked the dummy cast spell in the Object Editor i have set its range the double, set mana cost to 0 and allowed the right targets.

Thanks in advanced

Level 5
it only works if chain shock is level 2, maybe u tried with level 3 or 1?

Yeah i have tested it out with different levels

make the dummy unit model visible and try it then, that way you can see whether a dummy is created in the first place

I already did that the Location is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.