• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Cast in Windwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Well you could use the metamorphis ability instead of wind walk, add permanent invisibilty, turn off collision / set collision size to 0 to the changed hero and detect when he attacks - then changing back to the original form.
This way he would be able to use spells while "wind walking".

Level 10
Instead of metamorphois, you can give the unit per trigger the "ghost (transparent)" ability. It makes aunit invisible and allows attacks and spellcasts without fading into visibility. Then just remove it when the timer runs up or the unit attacks.
It requires to trigger the whole buff, though.

Level 7
It does not break invisibility because it has no fade time.
I actually need fade time.
But I shall make fade effect manually.

Edit:
No.
For the fade time shall be windwalk cast, then I remove the buff and replace it with the permanent invisibility.

Last edited:
Level 7
What is my conclusion from all this.
Permanent invisibility, or ghost, is not an option.
Wind walk is the only proper source of phase movement (units through units). Permanent invisibility gives none even in combination with super long fade wind walk.
Thus the best way is to give another, invisible wind walk with instant fade and re-cast it every time the invisibility drops when it should not.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.