• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cartoonish style of Warcraft

Cartoonish look of Warcraft

• I like it.

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Do you like it or not? Do you think Blizzard will ever go for a more darker look for any future Warcraft games? If so, than would you appreciate the change or do you think the cartoon like style of Warcraft is something to stay for all future Warcraft games? Is it something that should stay?

I'm not sure if this is something that has already been discussed on these boards, but I would like to hear your opinions.

As for myself, I would like to see a darker Warcraft game. Even if its just a spin-off. It would definitely give me a different feel to the Warcraft Universe. I played the RTS games and loved them; I didn't mind the cartoonish look they had, but I would like to see what a darker Warcraft world would look like. I personally wouldn't mind a change.

Level 13
It's actually a little cartoony if you really think about it and when i say little i mean not that much look at wow they could have made it so much more badass looking for things but instead its a little cartoony but that's ok its 1 reazon i like warcraft.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What is happening here is people are foolishly confusing "cartoonish" with "old". WC3 is old, its 6 year olds so logically can not compair graphically to modern games.

In future WC games (WoW is even old now graphically so is classed with WC3), they will not only use more higher res textures, but also better shaders. THus lightning will be better, stuff will have shadows and blight would look better.

Level 14
I like the cartoonish, this is why Diablo 3 looks more intresting to me. Basicly if wc3 was not cartoonish then I would not like it becouse old non-cartoonish games looks so bad.

Level 18
I really don't like it. I just hate the fat units with small foreheads and fists as big as their heads. Also the male characters having their mandibula popped forward (Medivh, Arthas, Malfurion, especially Human Knight and Garithos) piss me off. The normal morphology of the human skull is not like that, and this is VERY ugly.

Level 25
What is happening here is people are foolishly confusing "cartoonish" with "old". WC3 is old, its 6 year olds so logically can not compair graphically to modern games.

In future WC games (WoW is even old now graphically so is classed with WC3), they will not only use more higher res textures, but also better shaders. THus lightning will be better, stuff will have shadows and blight would look better.

You sure they would aim for that? Remember the first pics of Starcraft II? ;)
Boy, that was cartoonish!

Level 6
You sure they would aim for that? Remember the first pics of Starcraft II? ;)
Boy, that was cartoonish!

I do remember those pics and yes, they were cartoonish. Now look at the game; its darker than Diablo 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.