• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Capture Quest 1.02

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a ctf-style map , where two teams fight against each other (maximum is 10 players : 5 vs 5 ) .
The main objective is to capture the flag of the enemy's camp.
The optional objective is to conquer a hill and hold it for a certain time.
In General, both objectives can lead to victory, as you get points for capturing and holding the ground. Teamplay has highest priority in this game.

Heroes:
-You can chose between Str-, Agi- and Int- Heroes
-Every Hero has his individual function and custom spells.
-since having experienced games like "Aos" , there are no heroes, which are
"imba" , which shall create a gaming atmosphere of comptetition and fun
-the previous fact fits with this one: the map is relatively small, the reason
is to create a fast play

Special features :
-i added an intro and help via the "quest menu" with detailed objective-
description
-a repick timer at the beginning of the game
-a camp timer, which is activated, if both teams have the enemy's flag
-a timer for the left hill
-punishment for teamkillers, which results in instant death and loss of all gold
-minimap-pings, if someone owns a flag (if you have the flag, your team sees
a white signal, if the enemy has your flag, you see a red signal)
-there are creeps near your base, which respawn after a certain time
-added some shops for tomes and hero-related items.

The map will daily be updated to change any bugs or critical elements.

This is my 'real' first map, and i'm glad that many things work properly, a person advised me to upload it @ this forum here, so i just registered and uploaded it ; ). I think that the map could surely be fun, if a 4vs4 or 5v5 is possible. Although it might not look as much work, i think that triggering the whole things is huge work. I'd be pleased if you could give me advices and critics.

Keywords:
ctf wc3 tft
Contents

Capture Quest 1.02 (Map)

Reviews
20:06, 24th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
The terrain is too plain (flat, everything is done with blizzard cliffs, no (?) environmental doodads).
Some heroes are basically standard, including their spells. The other - custom - heroes weren't really custom either, rather just very small edits (usually spells and small attribute changes).
The Mountain King's stats are heavily underpowered (+6 attributes / level, while other heroes gain +8).
The triggers have memory leaks and are inefficient (you could combine so many triggers, especially the timers are extremely flawed).

The gameplay on itself looks nice, but all the rest is very bad.
My suggestion is to restart this map with the same idea, but customize everything (and please, learn how to remove memory leaks and how to trigger efficiently, with loops and If/Then/Elses).
Make the heroes custom, the spells custom, make the terrain actually look appealing.