• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Capture Control Point System 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a system for capturing control points based on the number of units near the control point, similar to the Battlefield series.

How it works:
Simply order a unit/multiple units to move to a control point, and they'll capture it over time. You can see the progress of the capture on the floating text (which shows either Neutral, Contested, the % captured, or if it's captured by a team).

Also Included:
-example triggers showing how to use the system in an AoS
-a template for achievements

Enjoy, and please give credit if you choose to use the system!

Keywords:
Capture
Control Point
Battlefield
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 2 Dec 2011 Bribe: This leaks and uses unit custom value (is not compatible with other systems).

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

2 Dec 2011
Bribe: This leaks and uses unit custom value (is not compatible with other systems).

Level 14
Good job this could be a good template for newbies. Normally I would say make it in JASS to make it more efficient, but I think currently it's perfect because GUI Newbies could learn something from this triggers.

All in all, good job. Maybe you could add some documentation so that newbies can learn easier from the triggers. Currently I would rate it 3/5

Last edited:
Level 7
This is great and really fun!
Just one problem, when the enemy team controls the middle point all of the ally team units Attack-Move when they stand on it. So basically if you don't own that point the units follow the other teams path back to their own capture point. How can i resolve this? Please PM me if you think you know how to fix this. (ps all of the settings are the same from your demo map)

apart from that 5/5, a lot of fun :D

Level 7
All I can say is that this system is really fun. I can already make a
small minigame just by importing this system to my map. However, it is not
that well documented as it is also takes time to import. But other than that,
it does what it is written/coded. Good job.

Rating: 4.5/5
There are still errors and leaks that needs to be fixed
Great fun
Simple and clean
Configurable
I would recommend this to everyone after the errors has been fixed.

Level 7
Hey dude please reply ASAP! i want a trigger like this but it also changes the ownership of the Buildings... Please help me...
If you dont understand what im talking
Example...
A Control Point in a island has Buildings Nearby... then when the Control Point is Captured the Buildings in the island will be owned by the Player... Make a trigger like this please????