• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CAPSLOCKFTW'S Item Recipe System v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: haxel96
How to use:

1.create a new recipe by copying a existing one that has as much requirements as u need.

2.Change only the recipes description.

3.Create the new items that u want to be your requirements.

4.Copy a trigger set that has the same amount of requirements as u need (From trigger named "Items HERE")
Example: If you need 3 requrements for your item then copy all the triggers beneath "Weapons[3]" comment.

5.Chance all of the "item-type arrays" index to some other number that isnt used.

6.Change the "Req item 1,2,3" to the items u want. They are the required items that will be made into something new.

7.Change "IT_ recipe_paper" to your recipe item(the first step copyed item). In this case change the "Recipe "Weapon"" to your recipe.

8.Change "IT_ recipe_outcome" to the item u want to be made out of required items. In this case change "Helm of battlethirst" to something else

9.Add ur recipe and items to the shop and test ingame.

Done

Ive seen a similar system that uses JASS but i am a GUI user and if i wanted to change anything in the core... it should help other GUI users :)

If this is of any use i may update it to be able to make 1 item requirement recipes too.(didn't see the point of it at first)

Why do I think its better than (some) others: My system doesnt run on a big loop, the items when picked up wont automatically merge witch prevents "fail", GUI friendly, MUI, easy to change core and make recipes.

I am waiting for critiques as for it was easy to make(too easy), and its just so short and easy to use. Correct me if I'm wrong but there shouldn't be anything like mine on the Hive Workshop, i searched quite a lot but didn't find any and made my own. I hope it isn't 2 short for a system, but one can't hope to win if he doesn't fail.(also if u find any recipe spelling errors i only recently found out that recipe isn't spelled as recepie :D)

• Items HERE
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Boots[1] --------
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot1[1] = Req item 1
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot2[1] = Req item 2
      • Set IT_recipe_paper[1] = Recipe "Boots"
      • Set IT_recipe_outcome[1] = Boots of Speed
      • -------- Armor[2] --------
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot1[2] = Req item 1
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot2[2] = Req item 2
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot3[2] = Req item 3
      • Set IT_recipe_paper[2] = Recepie "Armor"
      • Set IT_recipe_outcome[2] = Helm of Battlethirst
      • -------- Weapon[3] --------
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot1[3] = Req item 1
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot2[3] = Req item 2
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot3[3] = Req item 3
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot4[3] = Req item 4
      • Set IT_recipe_paper[3] = Recipe "Weapon"
      • Set IT_recipe_outcome[3] = Scepter of the Sea
      • -------- Gloves[4] --------
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot1[4] = Req item 1
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot2[4] = Req item 2
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot3[4] = Req item 3
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot4[4] = Req item 4
      • Set IT_Ingredient_slot5[4] = Req item 5
      • Set IT_recipe_paper[4] = Recipe "Gloves"
      • Set IT_recipe_outcome[4] = Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3
  • Item SyS Core
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- 2 item requirements - Permanent item --------
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to IT_recipe_paper[(Integer A)]
              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot1[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot2[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot1[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot2[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_recipe_paper[(Integer A)])
              • Hero - Create IT_recipe_outcome[(Integer A)] and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- 3 item requirements - Miscellaneous --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot1[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot2[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot3[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot1[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot2[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot3[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_recipe_paper[(Integer A)])
              • Hero - Create IT_recipe_outcome[(Integer A)] and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- 4 item requirements - Purchasable item --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot3[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot4[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot3[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot4[(Integer A)])
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- 5 item requirements - Campaign item --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Campaign
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot4[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type IT_Ingredient_slot5[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot4[(Integer A)])
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type IT_Ingredient_slot5[(Integer A)])
            • Else - Actions
Keywords:
GUI, MUI, recipe, system, CAPSLOCKFTW,
Contents

CAPSLOCKFTW's Item Recipe System (Map)

Reviews
10:25 14th Nov 2015 BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 13:59, 21st Mar 2010 TriggerHappy: We already have plenty of these.

M

10:25 14th Nov 2015
BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

13:59, 21st Mar 2010
TriggerHappy:

We already have plenty of these.

Ive seen a similar system that uses JASS but i am a GUI user and if i wanted to change anything in the core... it should help other GUI users :)
Some things should be made in vJass.
This is one of those.
The more complex it gets, the better it is to use vJass.

How can i paste code here, is it [WC3]code[/WC3]?
Exactly.