• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't Wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Wow! Knowing that we have alot more people than we thought watching this and enjoying it and looking forward to it's release is very encouraging. If I had my computer, I guarantee that this would be finished around mid-april. And my dad said that my computer comes around next month so... once it comes, you can expect me working non-stop on this. I'm very excited to get back to working on War3:WoW once again!
A down fall though about my computer coming back is that if my hard-drive is still messed up or something, then I'll need to reinstall Windows and I will lose all mods,maps,cinematics,etc. that I've ever made, including War3:WoW and Hidden.
Lets cross our fingers that this demo version is released earlier than we think/thought. :D

Level 25
Now, now, no need for offensiveness. Anyway, to those who are curious, our most recent delay is due because of HappyTauren who has recently had his internet messed up, so now he can not send Storm_Surge or anyone else the campaign, however I have issued HernanG to email Storm_Surge the map so he can trigger it. And when he is done, he will send me the map and I will terrain as much as I can and will finish Orgrimmar.

Level 2
WC3:WoW? Really!?

I've got no actual idea on how i've been managing to avoid this Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft project for this long... And by watching those screenshots, i really saw World of Warcraft, though there is one thing that cripples me:

The fact that you play WC3:WoW alone!:eekani:
No, really. If i were ever to get my hands on this stuff, most propably i were to type "/4 Looking for group to explore" as my first act, or something like that...

I just don't understand, is the game really going to work with you as it's only adventuring character if your a priest. (Guess all other class types could get along with the creeps etc.)... I mean, is there going to be groups which consist of the player and NPC:s? (Non-player characters)

Level 25
Well like I've said many times, this campaign will be single-player, it would be multiplayer if it were possible, but it's not. This campaign is single-player and has a 0.01% chance of being multiplayable. (0.01% chance is if Blizzard helps out and gives the mod a special program or even gives this campaign something special enough to be played on Bnet or something. Also, if we made this as a multiplayer mod, I believe that Blizzard would have a problem with that in the first place since this is a remake of their own official game, and even though this mod is being made from one of their games with another one of their games, it's not being created under Blizzard Entertainment's staff, which takes away quite a bit of power from us. And when you create something against a disclaimer, it's in violation of the products copyright.

I've explained this in almost every way possible about how and why this campaign will be single-player. We just don't have the power to make this into something like we really want.

However, due to this being a remake of an MMORPG and trying to make it into a single-player RPG convincing enough that other heroes running around are REAL is great AI work and very well made triggers, which will definatley take about a year or so to do because it is honestly going to be that complex.
NPC heroes will run around and enter and exit the zone every now and then randomly and grind, some will also do quests as well eventually in the future. But that's not all they do, they also PvP (Gank) an Alliance NPC who may be grinding or farming vice versa.
NPC players also join your group (currently, groups are only up to 3 people.) and help with ganking and grinding and questing. At the moment, you cannot mail items or share quests yet, but your group will follow you into the next zone you enter, but if you log-out or die, your group disbands.

Before I turn this one post into a novel, I ask everyone who is interested in this project to read the FAQs at the website's About page at: http://www.freewebs.com/war3wow/About.htm

That's all I've got to say for now;
-Craka_J: Terrainer/Leader of WC3:WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.