• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

cant use spell in cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys , i was makeing a cinematic in the world editor and i wanted to make a mountain king use storm bolt on a unit, but he just would not do that.
the trigger that i used was Unit - Order Mountain King 0000 <gen> to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Chicken 0001 <gen>

Level 11
Also, it won't work if the chicken is in the fog of war (undiscovered areas)
So, to sum up, make sure:
  • your MK has enough mana,
  • the chicken is not invulnerable,
  • the chicken is in an enemy team (or passive neutral, it works too)
  • the chicken is not in the fog of war
  • MK has learned thunderbolt ability
And then it should work

Edit: added wc3neverdies's suggestion

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks guys , the problem was that he did not have the ability leveled ( i kind of knew this would be a problem, witch was why i was trying before to add a trigger that gives him the spell(witch did not work) , but i was not aware that you can just double click on him in the world editor).
The chicken laid eggs on his mountain and the mountain king was not happy because he taught that they may freeze and he did not want this to happen again so he made an example of this chicken.

Level 11
Thanks guys , the problem was that he did not have the ability leveled ( i kind of knew this would be a problem, witch was why i was trying before to add a trigger that gives him the spell(witch did not work) , but i was not aware that you can just double click on him in the world editor).
To add the ability via trigger, you may also use Hero - Learn Skill:
  • Some_Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Learn skill for Mountain King: Thunderbolt
To make it work, you need to make sure your hero has at least one unspent skill point. If he doesn't, you may use Hero - Modify Hero Skill Points if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.