• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't open maps saved in NewGen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im having an issue with chain frost ultimate [1.24] by dark dragon and all other spells done in JASS. I have no trouble playing the maps in wc3 but once I save them in NewGen Im unable to open them and supposedly I have the latest version of JNGPS. So for quite awhile ive been avoiding JASS and been sticking with GUI. If someone is able to help me out with this maybe point me in the right direction so I can learn how to use JNGPS that would be great.

Level 30
Chances are, the map your trying to open is protected. This means part of the file has been removed in order to prevent the file being opened in the editor.

Many map-creators do this to stop people editing and uploading unofficial versions of their maps :)

That might not be the problem though :p Take a screen-shot of the message you get when you open the map :) It's hard to give useful feedback unless we know what the error is :D

Level 30
aaah I see :) Sorry, I miss understood. I thought you were trying to open an actual playable map ;) So your trying to import a spell from the spells section right? :)

Is your copy of Warcraft 3 up to date with the latest 1.24b patch? It's the only thing I can think of right now. I'll let you know if I have any other ideas about the error :)

Just out of interest, when you try to play them, does it take you straight to the menu screen? :)

Level 2
Yeah when I try to test the map after saving it in newgen it takes me to the first menu screen. Then I try to make a single player game using the map it doesnt show the player slot.

Level 30
Aha, this could be the problem :)

You have to manually save anything made in NewGen before it will work properly. In other words, you have to actually hit the save button, then the test button afterwards.

If you just hit the "test" button, it may look like its saving the map, but for some reason it won't actually load :p Its just a minor quirk with the software :)

Level 2
oh wow um I reinstalled wc3 and I tried saving the map and it has some errors in the map
Line 2559: cannont convert nothing to real
call s__float__set_val(this,s__float_Pow(this,s__float_f[this] , x))
Line 12650: Undeclared function tmFORX
call tmFORX("i" , "0" , "PARTICLE_COUNT" , "call DestroyGraphicEx(i:n,1.5)")
Line 12682: Undeclared function tmFOR
call tmFOR("i" , "0" , "PARTICLE_COUNT")
Line 12686: parse error
tmENDFOR
Line 13822: Undeclared function tmFOR
call tmFOR("i" , "0" , "PARTICLE_COUNT")
Line 13826: parse error
tmENDFOR

Status
Not open for further replies.