• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't load single player game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It's my first time playing this game, great map, just what I've been hoping for. I've only been playing single player, which doesn't let me "-save"; so I've just been saving the traditional WC3 way. I noticed that not long after I reach about level 5 with my squire character, for some reason I am unable to load any of my saves. When I attempt to the game just crashes. Any advice would be appreciated

Level 25
Just play the game in Local Network if you want to play single player, there you should be able to use the -save.
The single player -save is probably disabled due to the possibility of cheating in single player.

Level 2
Just play the game in Local Network if you want to play single player, there you should be able to use the -save.
The single player -save is probably disabled due to the possibility of cheating in single player.

I tried to play in Local Network, but it says the map is too large and won't let me load the game from there :( Could it be that I no one plays this game in single player?

khj

khj

Level 2
Seems like your version of the game is too old. Wc3 before version 1.27c supports only maps smaller than 8MBs, and Gaia's Retaliation passed this threshold long time ago. Try to update your game.

Level 2
Seems like your version of the game is too old. Wc3 before version 1.27c supports only maps smaller than 8MBs, and Gaia's Retaliation passed this threshold long time ago. Try to update your game.

Great! That worked. I haven't been able to update for awhile due to the well known issues with the updated version not working bnet. I did some googling and found a way to use the prepatch program. But I still have a problem.

I launched the game via LAN and -save worked great. I played a ways and even acquired a soul for my vault. The problem happens later when I tried to -load.

I launch a new game via LAN. I choose the squire character. I skip the intro cinematic. I hit "Enter" to chat and past "-load 'X'"; whereas 'X' is the long code in my Warcraft documents. And then... nothing happens. No Invalid code message, no correct code message, no change to my character. Nothing. I tried the same thing on BNET and still nothing. I think I'm doing it right because when I copy past my "-vault 'X'" I get a message "vault loaded successfully". Any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.