• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't host (yes i do have a static ip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I used to be able to host maybe last year. i got bored of Warcraft 3. and now i can't host again. what happened? I have a static ip i made an exception on windows firewall, i made an exception on McAfee. and i still can't host. the only thing that changed is that then i had Norton and now i have McAfee. someone please help!

Level 15
Rather, put your computer inside the DMZ and see if that helps. Just don't leave it there when you are not hosting.

Level 15
Well, if you already have mcafee internet security with a firewall, then you shouldn't be using Windows Firewall in the first place. :wink:

As for your problem, try disabling any firewalls and security software and also placing you computer in the DMZ, at least temporarily. If it still doesn't work, then we cannot help you. You have either mistakenly configured something, or there is a serious problem with your netork hardware/software that would be too time consuming for us to diagnose over the web.

I don't mean to sound blunt, but that's about the best we can offer as it is. :smile: If you find a configuration that works, let us know and we can probably help you tune the settings for best security.

Level 2
Once again i tried all of that, i reconfigured multiple times with no success, i see no reason why i can't host.

Level 2
hmm... i'm not sure witch of these did it, but i tried turning off the router firewall, and changed the slot that Warcraft 3 was forwarding to on. I also renamed the slot too, but now i can host. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.