• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't host because of McAfee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi guys.
That's the problem:
Since some months I can't host any BNet-games anymore (custom). I opened port 6112-6119, made firewall exceptions but I still cannot host.

Now I think its because of McAfee Security Center. I think I read in another Thread that it's impossible or kinda impossible to host with this...

Now I ask:
Could it be that McAfee completely blocks hosting? I made a program-exception in McAfee, but it still doesn't work...:(

THX for any help :)

Greetz,
DarkLordX

(I know its maybe in the wrong subforum xD)

Level 7
if i recall mcaffe has its own built in firewall
you have to set wc3/wc3's port as an exception under the programs options, along with on your firewall for ur comp, and maybe portforward

if uve set the regular firewall and ports up, check mcaffes options, and that should do it.. (or disable mcaffe's firewall)

I already disabled it and made exception, but it still didnt work. Now I deinstalled it...

EDIT:
I deinstalled McAfee and turned Firewall completely off. But I still cannot host, I need help :cry::cry:

Level 7
Hm, my brother has the same ports opened and so on on his Computer. But some time ago, my father said that only one of us could host because of the ports and so on...
But my brother's computer is broken now, could it be that he has to turn it off or something like that?

Level 12
Go to your Internet Connections, then see "Properties" for your LAN, And edit Internet Transfer Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). You shound see a box, like:
Properties

IP Address ___ ___ ___ ___
Subnet Mask ___ ___ __ __
Default Gate ___ ___ ___ __

DNS Server ___ ___ ___ ___
Secondary DNS __ __ __ __
Set IP Adress to your comp's preffered IP.
Set Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0 .
Set Default Gate to your router's IP.
Set DNS Server to your router's IP.
Set Secondary DNS to your router's IP, but instead of XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, type XXX.XXX.XXX.YYY . (a different finish)

Status
Not open for further replies.