• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cant Host My Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am working on a map called Harry Potter and the Battle of the Ministry, and I got a really annoying problem. There is something called Compatibilityfiles (or how to translate it to english). On the pic, its just a copy of my map that I've put there, and when I click on Compatibilityfiles, is it like I open a hidden map in the map. Sometimes, when I really try, I can host it, but I have no idea how I made... Now have I tried to host it for ower an hour. Tried to save as annother name and delete the last one, change it and tried to change some options. But I cant still host it. Sometime I can see it in the map list (in game) and sometime not. And for the most of the times I see it (in game) I click on it (single player) no players are there in the list. I mean like Open and Computer (Normal) and these. When I'm trying on b.net, after giving it a name it says; The game was not found.

Pllz help me, cause this is really annoying. I will rep ya forever if some1 find out what it is! Thx in advance!

Attachments

• Namnlös.jpg
    Namnlös.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 110
Level 13
maybe try renameing it in NameOfYourMap.w3m
do your maps in folder Download work?,try to put it here
are your Player Properties good?

Maybe its because you use Vista xD

how much RAM memory you have?, i know vista takes about 1024 mb

see if you can host some other custom map and see what is different on that Harry Potter map

however i think i cant really help you with this

Level 13
hehe told ya :D ,so your map works for others?than it is in your computer....

how much RAM memory you have?
you need to have at least 2 GB RAM if you have vista,coz it takes 1 GB

maybe WE not use to new windows like Vista but maybe its not that at all :confused:

maybe if you could send me the map ?,you don´t have to send triggers if you don't want to....

Level 13
It's not Vista!
But ehmmm... maybe the size of the map?

Or put it in the "Download" map, that helps sometimes...

Level 13
That picture shows (I'm pretty sure) that the map size is too big! (4mb+ or something)
Try delete FullScreen.blp (loading screen picture) and just have it plain black.

Do you see something what I don't?
I can't see on that pic how big the file size is :eekani:

Level 6
1. Check your custom content. I personally believe imported files can be the cause of trouble in hosted maps.

2. Does the editor warn you about anything unusual when you save the map?

3. If all else fails, you could try copying the terrain from your map, and exporting the triggers/unit data and putting it all back together in a new map, saving that, and trying to host that. If you still have problems after that, then there's something screwy in your unit or trigger data, or your imported files are causing trouble.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your map you are trying to host is broken.
Get a new map and complain to the author.

Windows vista can host perfectly, me and my brother can confirm this.

If you made the map, upload the unprotected editable version here so we could fix it.
If you protected the map, then we can not help you as protection is known to cause errors some times like this.
If you downloaded it from someone else, their map is broken so please complain about it to the author.

Level 13
Your map you are trying to host is broken.
Get a new map and complain to the author.

Windows vista can host perfectly, me and my brother can confirm this.

If you made the map, upload the unprotected editable version here so we could fix it.
If you protected the map, then we can not help you as protection is known to cause errors some times like this.
If you downloaded it from someone else, their map is broken so please complain about it to the author.

He'z right.
If you protect a map, a small file will be deleted so you get an error if you want to open it.
Mostly, you don't need this file.

Status
Not open for further replies.