1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Can't get a model to work

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by DaneTheBeast, Jan 13, 2015.

1. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't get the skin Air Revenant to show up in my map. It's invisible. I am really confused on how to fix it.

[​IMG]

Imported Files: AirRevenant.mdx AirRevenant_Portrait.mdx Revenant.blp

Link to skin page
    Sry for the pig pic, not sure how to make is smaller xD

2. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    The skin is used to replace the skin on the existing revenant. I'm not sure why you would need to import a custom air revenant model as well.

3. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Veritas_117 While the link he posted is for a skin, the author of the skin also posted a model that uses that skin. It's in the first post.

@DaneTheBeast The problem is that you changed the texture of the original Revenant model - that's what the Reventant.blp file set to path unit\Creeps\Revenant\ does. So currently, if you chose revenant model, it should display as the air revenant.
    In the post where the author uploaded the AirRevenant.mdx and AirRevenant_Portrait.mdx files, he writes that the path is "AirRevenant.blp".
    Now the problem is that there is no .blp file named AirRevenant, so either the author made a mistake, or he wants you to rename the "Revenant.blp" file to "AirRevenant.blp".
    Either way, the path should be changed from "unit\Creeps\Revenant\Revenant.blp" to "Revenant.blp" or "AirRevenant.blp".

Also a note: When you change path to the skin, save your map and restart your World Editor. Changes like these usually happen after shutting down WE and starting it up again.

4. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Got it to work. Thanks Nichilus, you are awesome. I changed the path of AirRevenant.blp to be AirRevenant.blp

Else is all the same as in the picture.