• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't get a model to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I can't get the skin Air Revenant to show up in my map. It's invisible. I am really confused on how to fix it.

ejpxvwW.png

Imported Files: AirRevenant.mdx AirRevenant_Portrait.mdx Revenant.blp

Link to skin page
Sry for the pig pic, not sure how to make is smaller xD

Level 14
The skin is used to replace the skin on the existing revenant. I'm not sure why you would need to import a custom air revenant model as well.

Level 25
@Veritas_117 While the link he posted is for a skin, the author of the skin also posted a model that uses that skin. It's in the first post.

@DaneTheBeast The problem is that you changed the texture of the original Revenant model - that's what the Reventant.blp file set to path unit\Creeps\Revenant\ does. So currently, if you chose revenant model, it should display as the air revenant.
In the post where the author uploaded the AirRevenant.mdx and AirRevenant_Portrait.mdx files, he writes that the path is "AirRevenant.blp".
Now the problem is that there is no .blp file named AirRevenant, so either the author made a mistake, or he wants you to rename the "Revenant.blp" file to "AirRevenant.blp".
Either way, the path should be changed from "unit\Creeps\Revenant\Revenant.blp" to "Revenant.blp" or "AirRevenant.blp".

Also a note: When you change path to the skin, save your map and restart your World Editor. Changes like these usually happen after shutting down WE and starting it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.